236 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

I think you are getting upset for nothing.

First of all, if you are new on themeforest why would you click a banner? I would never click a banner on a website unless I knew the site could be trusted.

Secondly, it says from $20 dollars. As soon as they click and see the $200, $300, $500, $1000 dollar prices they will hit that backwards button as most people will think that is too expensive. Because why would they be at one of the cheapest and largest theme sites if they were willing to spend that amount of money? Exactly, they would’nt.

I think it is good for envanto to explore how this banner will affect sales and besides, they want to give their new project a fair chance and I for one really do get that.

There are so many posts about what envanto do wrong but I think they know what they are doing and you should have a bit trust in them as well. They got good staff and I don’t think they put up ads like that without looking at both positive and negative effects for everyone.
Name one good positive effect for everyone?

The customers who don’t want to spend more than $40 USD will click the banner > see the big price tickets > click backwards since they know tf had cheap prices > start looking. (not only do they see that microlancer is more expensive, it will give them an impression that themeforest is “cheap” as well which is positve since that makes them stay here and stop searching for alternatives.

Edit: and about your other post. How can you say that microlancer has nothing to do with envanto?

When someone clicks on any banner and goes to another site. It doesn’t matter what the other site offers. The problem is that not all users will come back and that is a negative effect for all envato authors.

What I mean is that microlancer has nothing to do with envato authors. There is no benefit for them.

You have a point =) Since I don’t have any marketplace items I cannot say how it has effected sales but reading here and by what you wrote I can see why you think it is bad.

127 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BetaMotion says

Sales since new banner came up: 2 (two) :-o Am I the only one? Is that a coincidence?

Sales since new banner came up: 1 (one) Is that a coincidence?

98 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
ssievert says

Is that a coincidence?

My guess: unfortunately no.

32 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
snowcake says

For how long will they use the Banner?

98 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ssievert says

dunno… hope till weekend only.

428 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Latvia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Depard says

After just one week we got a new banner on top of all pages again, which pronounces “web design from $20”. :-o

Ok, it’s microlancer, which is in fact a good idea.

But, imagine that you came from g*le and searching for a nice template. All eyes on the banner -> Webdesign from $20 -> “Oh wow! Thats cheep, why a template if I can get a whole custom design for just $20?” -> click -> no sale on themeforest.

My concern is, sales will drop again because of that big banner… Anyone else or am I just too sensitive about such banner things at the moment? :-D

But if You sign out and check Themeforest.net main page, it says:
Site Templates and Themes from $3

Graphicriver.net says:
Stock Graphics Files from $1

Audiojungle.net says:
Royalty Free Audio Files from $1

Why nobody is protesting against that?

127 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BetaMotion says

dunno… hope till weekend only.

A new banner or bundle gonna come up soon,i guess…

32 posts
  • Exclusive Author
snowcake says

Thanks for the info ssievert. Phewww…my sales also dropped since the banner went online. But maybe it´s because of the holidays here in Europe. So I am not really sure what it is. But May doesn´t seem to be a good month so far, concerning sales. Arg!!! Let´s hope for the best guys and gals:-)

98 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ssievert says

Thanks for the info ssievert. Phewww…my sales also dropped since the banner went online. But maybe it´s because of the holidays here in Europe. So I am not really sure what it is. But May doesn´t seem to be a good month so far, concerning sales. Arg!!! Let´s hope for the best guys and gals:-)

My last weeks were terrible regarding sales, begann at the day, the bundle banner came up. I guess, it’s all together – these banners, changes regarding the rating system (maybe?) and holidays. So let’s hope the best for the next weeks…

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

Why does everyone think Envato is a charitable organization?

by
by
by
by
by
by