331 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

NOTE : Mod’s I apologize if this needs to be moved to a different section.

Hey everyone. As most of you know here in the USA probably know about the deadly tornadoes that have come through the midwest recently. I live in Southwest Missouri and had these horrible storms come through last night (May, 22nd). A nearby city, Joplin Missouri, was horribly devestated by a killer tornado (EF4) and 30% of the city has been destroyed. As of Monday, May 23rd, the death toll has reached 116 and damaged business, houses, ect has reached into the 2,000 mark. Thousands of people have been left without homes and search and rescue has been at it non-stop in search of victims and survivors. The tornado that has come through is on record, as being the worst and most deadly tornado to hit this state.

I usually don’t post things up about this, but this one hit close to home..way to close. I have friends, family and loved ones that are missing, injured and have their homes destroyed. They are without power, phone service has come to almost nothing and gas lines threaten to burst into flame. One of the biggest area hospitals were hit by this tornado head on. Tremendous amounts of damage. I have lived here all of my life and have never seen anything like this. So, I’m asking if you can, please help out where you can and donate to the Red Cross or other organizations who are helping fund relief efforts for Southwest Missouri (Joplin Missouri)

Donate to Red Cross: Red Cross

More information on some of the damage you can find here: Southwest Missouri Tornadoes

Thanks to anyone who can help and bless all of you.

Best Regards,

Derek Palmer (aka: palmtreep)

331 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Also, if you can think of any other organizations that could help, please post links. Thank you!

331 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Convoy of Hope: Convoy of Hope Website

Text the word “Convoy” to 50555 and confirm the word YES when Prompt, and 10 $ will be charged to your phone bill to help with relief efforts.

934 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

I’ve been watching the heartbreaking news out of Joplin and other places that have been hit hard by storms this unusually deadly year. Although I live in Oregon now where storms like these are very rare, I grew up in Indiana where tornados were a constant fear this time of year, and we had at least one close call that I can remember.

I can’t think of a better place to donate than the Red Cross, and will be making a donation today.

Thanks for posting the links, Derek, and my condolences for you and any of your loved ones who have had their lives uprooted.

263 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says

My condolences and prayers for you and all the people there that are in sorrow at this time.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Z1Music says

So sorry; may help come swiftly to those in plight…

331 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Thank you guys, much appreciated. What’s happened is almost unimaginable. You can see videos, pictures, but nothing can be compared to what is now, a wasteland of debrie. Search and Rescue are still doing rounds. There’s another storm system moving in this evening which is supposed to be worse than what Sunday gave us. It’s already spewed one deadly tornado in OK.

I did receive some good news today however. A few cousins of mine were pulled up from being buried under their home, nothing but some bruises and scrapes.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and donations. Spread the word if you can. Thanks again, it means a lot to all of us.

Best - Derek

331 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Just realized I didn’t put this in “All Marketplaces”. If you guys happen to talk to anyone from other marketplaces, send them over this way if you can. Thanks again!

by
by
by
by
by
by