This is amazing, so I thought I should share it!
We’re all debugging, but so far I haven’t seen a better way to do it than this:
1. Take the class shared by BSS on github. http://www.bigspaceship.com/blog/labs/bss-classes-out/
Note: make sure you move the Adapter class to the right folder after you follow all steps
2. Install this AIR app. http://arthropod.stopp.se/
3. Try it out and enjoy! This is how it looks like: http://drp.ly/MMgr
This is amazing because it’s browser independent, and it also has the small button which allows you to keep the window in front of all apps!
It has changed the way I debug. I won’t ever use trace!
nice, thanks for sharing
Looks cool, I’ll try it later, thanks your sharing.
Just to clarify for anyone having trouble:
Imports required for browser tracing:
import com.bigspaceship.utils.Out; import com.bigspaceship.utils.out.adapters.ArthropodAdapter;Code required to register adapter:
Out.enableAllLevels(); Out.registerDebugger( new ArthropodAdapter() );Code required for trace:
Out.info(this, "I will show up in the IDE and in Arthropod!");
When the Air app installs and starts for the first time, answer yes when it asks if you need the latest debug class. Save this class to the following folder (you will need to make the folders):
The air app will need to be running to out put the trace in the browser.
yes monster debugger is also great.
I use ExternalInterface.call(“console.log(” + whatitrace + “)”)
Much simpler then what has been posted.
Thanks, great tool! I use demonster debugger which is awesome.
Thanks, didn’t know about this. I’ll go the route I choose because they implemented this slick thing which allows to set priorities for the traces, such as status, info, warning, etc..
I worked with it yesterday and boy was I productive!
I also see a lot of companies use github. Must see what all the fuss is about.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.