687 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
videologio says

How do you send big files to your clients? Any free websites?

3430 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Located in United States Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Dropbox? :)

http://www.dropbox.com/

Just use the public folder and send them a link – simple and (fairly) private

922 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

I use Dropbox for most big file shares… but https://www.yousendit.com/ can be a nice tool for one-off files as well as it shows up directly in the recipients inbox – and it doesn’t require the other person to download/install anything :) Just don’t pay for the premium service if you don’t need it and I’m pretty sure it’s still 100% free unless they’ve changed up their biz model.

ProgressionStudios
ProgressionStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
221 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
ProgressionStudios says
Check out this freelanceswitch article about transferring big files online:
http://freelanceswitch.com/freelancing-essentials/transfer-big-files/
436 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
studio_21 says

I used to use yousendit but :) there are a lot of options as others said.

3691 posts Community Moderator
    Helps us moderate the forums Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Located in Netherlands Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
epicera said
I use Dropbox for most big file shares… but https://www.yousendit.com/ can be a nice tool for one-off files as well as it shows up directly in the recipients inbox – and it doesn’t require the other person to download/install anything :) Just don’t pay for the premium service if you don’t need it and I’m pretty sure it’s still 100% free unless they’ve changed up their biz model.

Just for the record – when using your public folder for sharing, the client won’t need to install anything to be able to download the file from Dropbox either. You just send them the link and they can download the file. :)

But yeah, yousendit is awesome too!

741 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

wetransfer.com is the best I’ve used so far. And it’s free.

687 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
videologio says

Thanks guys! I have a stupid question: when I am sharing a file with drobox and I am offline can the receiver download it?

36 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
zippy09 says

I use Ge.tt. It’s great! You can share the link when you’re still uploading the file, and they can download it at the same time.

3430 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Located in United States Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says
videologio said
Thanks guys! I have a stupid question: when I am sharing a file with drobox and I am offline can the receiver download it?

Yes, as long as your upload has completed before you go off-line :)

by
by
by
by
by
by