2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
rohitpathak says

Hi,

I’m a freelancer, and I have purchased a Regular Licence to build a single website for my client. My question is this: what is the correct procedure to transfer the website to a client without violating the terms of the Regular Licence?

I have made sure I am not giving him any source files of the theme, I have deleted the original source file of the theme from my computer, is there anything else to keep in mind while transferring the website to him?

The reason I am asking this is because the licence was purchased using my name, and once I build the website for my client and give him ownership of it, I DO NOT want to be held responsible if he violated any terms of the Regular Licence.

I looked up the forum but could not find any answers to this question. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :-) Rohit

3679 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

You cannot transfer the license for the site.

You need to make sure in WRITING that they sign to take full responsibility for the site going forward.

Assuming you have told the client it is a template add that fact into the document to clarify the license ownership at the same time and explain that while you are unable to transfer it – at the same time they are taking responsibility for the site.

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
rohitpathak says

Thanks charlie for the reply! Very helpful :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by