• Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

Hi guys :-)

I’m currently setting up the paypal payment system for swfpress, and I’ve run into a bit of trouble. When my website transfers the user over to paypal, where it says cancel and return to merchant website, it has my email address displayed instead of the name of what I would like displayed there, SwfPress. I’ve looked in all the settings and couldn’t find out how to do it anywhere, I’m probably missing something very obvious here. Is anyone able to direct me to what I’m supposed to do to input that information.

Hope that’s clear enough :-)

Cheers.
Sam

296 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
theninja says

Hi there Sam. :)
I don’t know what kind of account you have but I think you need a business or premium one to be able to do that (you can have more than one email address though and display something like payment@swfpress.org instead of your personal email address).
Anyhow, from a premium account you can go to Profile -> Custom Payment Pages and add your own header image (instead of email), a logo and change a couple of colours.

CreativeAddiction
CreativeAddiction Recent Posts Threads Started
160 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CreativeAddiction says

You need to use the paypal IPN – you can then set up the URL ’s and any data you wish to be sent when the user either completes a payment OR cancels a payment.

https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/library_code_ipn_code_samples

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

@theninja: I already have a premium account and custom header image and colors, but thanks for the suggestion about using an email like payments [at] swfpress.org, that’s what I’ll do for a worst case scenario :-)

@CreativeAddiction: I’ll try your suggestion when I get the chance :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by