519 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

There are currently 4,671,793 items on Envato Marketplaces I’m supposing that the average storage per file is maybe 100 Mb so
my guess is: 400,671,793 Mb
So what do you think guys ? :)

1565 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

If you want to count more precisely – count median size multiplied by items count per each marketplace and per each category. I guess item size varies significantly depend on the marketplace and sometimes between categories on the same marketplace. For example it’s hard to sum Photodune and Videohive items without any weighting.

I’m on Videohive and my uploaded items lately are around 600-800 mb per item average. So my guess Envato shall have at least 1000 Tb. :-)

P.S. Just bought NAS and have around 14Tb of effective storage in RAID 6.
So 1000Tb does not sounds as something extremely big anymore.

:-)

Best Regards,
Andrey

1019 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

If you want to count more precisely – count median size multiplied by items count per each marketplace and per each category. I guess item size varies significantly depend on the marketplace and sometimes between categories on the same marketplace. For example it’s hard to sum Photodune and Videohive items without any weighting.

I’m on Videohive and my uploaded items lately are around 600-800 mb per item average. So my guess Envato shall have at least 1000 Tb. :-)

Best Regards,
Andrey

What’s a NAS? My husband (a videographer) could use that one :)

99 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
LEFS says

I asked myself the same question once. i started to guess how many rooms full of hard disks Envato has to storage those TB. after a while I had a head ache.

1460 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

@greenline – a NAS stands for Network Attached Storage. They are great for redundancy, meaning a hard drive could fail and you won’t lose any data.

@LEFS – they use Amazon S3 for storage so they are only limited by the money they want to spend on it :)

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Best Regards,
Andrey
What’s a NAS? My husband (a videographer) could use that one :)
Well, in simpler terms, NAS is an external hard-disk connected through LAN which you can place it anywhere in the house, as long as there’s power and data cable (or WiFi for some models). WD does have NAS for business and consumer : http://www.wdc.com/en/products/business/networkstorage/

For me, I’m using My Book Live Duo as backup for my personal files (photos, work etc.). It’s easy to set-up, just plug in the cables and it will work.

1565 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Greenline,

I got Synology DS1813+ NAS and 4Tb WD Red x6.

As soon as I switched to shot videos in RAW I quickly filled all of my PC hard drives and external drives so it was hard to manage and risky without backups so NAS looks as good storage/backup solution for areas were a lot of data collected (like videography). :-)

Best Regards, Andrey

99 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
LEFS says

@greenline – a NAS stands for Network Attached Storage. They are great for redundancy, meaning a hard drive could fail and you won’t lose any data. @LEFS – they use Amazon S3 for storage so they are only limited by the money they want to spend on it :)

ohhhh I see that!!

amazon should have a huge building, though.

2255 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

There are currently 4,671,793 items on Envato Marketplaces I’m supposing that the average storage per file is maybe 100 Mb so
my guess is: 400,671,793 Mb
So what do you think guys ? :)

I’m pretty sure it’s a lot less. Out of the currently 4,672,690 items, 4,230,318 are on photodune (!!!). So we have mainly photographs. I guess those are an average of 10mb. The other 442,372 files are spread over the other marketplaces. Most of them are smaller files, quick stock footage, graphicriver psd templates, some AE projects are also well under 1mb.

My guess is: around 50TB.

7530 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

amazon should have a huge building, though.

not amazon but google at this link, you can see how big and complex these data centers are (makes you wonder how google actually pay for all this stuff)

http://www.google.com/about/datacenters/

it should be similar with amazon also

by
by
by
by
by
by