5899 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

This is why the marketing people gets low respect among others globally. Trying too much to force customers towards one side and reaching a level where all the technical excellence becoming questionable unnecessarily.

In the process of making buyers return in the future, the scheme supposed to not loss the self respect. For a $20 deposit system, a $15 bundle can work better than 19. (unless the overall aim is just trying to get profit out of ignored $1 deposit balances through the bunch of mini bundles in the future)

1265 posts
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i think bundles are bad; I used to buy them but realized I didn’t use most of what was included anyways. prices are already low here, maybe use bundles as a bonus, like “spend $200 and get a free $19 bonus pack included” or whatever… in general though i don’t think they’re good

275 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
candeed says

i think bundles are bad; I used to buy them but realized I didn’t use most of what was included anyways. prices are already low here, maybe use bundles as a bonus, like “spend $200 and get a free $19 bonus pack included” or whatever… ...

Makes sense.. Hmm.. Interesting idea I think..

1002 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

You should make a system which increase exposure of items. You can learn alot from Google. Like in YouTube videos it shows other recommended videos based on the videos you are watching same can apply here too like show recommended items to the user who bought same types of items before or bookmarked them. Sorry off-topic but I think it can raise sales of overall markets not just for those who got item in bundle.

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

I agree with your opinions in general: it’s just silly to place a 19$ price if you can deposit 20$.

Again I feel Envato has lost a bit the target, because people buying in internet is not the same people buying at the supermarket at the moment: they’re generally younger and more clever, and a lot of buyers are here to buy and resell in order to make money, so I think 99% of them knows that 19$ it’s just a way to steal that extra dollar. I feel Envato doesn’t need these “low level” marketing tricks

1002 posts
+5 more
mudi says

I agree with your opinions in general: it’s just silly to place a 19$ price if you can deposit 20$. Again I feel Envato has lost a bit the target, because people buying in internet is not the same people buying at the supermarket at the moment: they’re generally younger and more clever, and a lot of buyers are here to buy and resell in order to make money, so I think 99% of them knows that 19$ it’s just a way to steal that extra dollar. I feel Envato doesn’t need these “low level” marketing tricks

Yeah make it $19.99 :p

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

...show recommended items to the user who bought same types of items before or bookmarked them.

something similar was implemented at some point but authors protested. if someone created a collection with your item, then that collection appeared on your item page. So let’s say you sell a set of icons, If someone created “Most awesome set of icons ever!” that set will appear on your icon set page. Then the buyer will click on that bundle and find other great items, some of them probably better than yours. :) Chance of selling your item to that buyer is reduced proportionally with how more awesome the other items in the collection are.

Strange, but, having a bad navigation and item search system will increase sells of certain files because buyer will get bored pretty fast and just settle with a choice, just because those files happened to be on front page, or appears in the first couple of pages if you sort by ratings or sales.

So your idea is good for buyers but I don’t like it. I don’t want other authors items on my item page. I’m selfish. :)

As curiosity some “nice” trick that other marketplaces do is letting you pay for showing your item on other people items page, similar with google ads.

Will in some way hidden, collections are here and offer a good way of finding great items

http://themeforest.net/collections

small note: I know that you didn’t specified the recommendations to be on the item page but anyway just wanted to remember this event from the marketplace past.

5899 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ Recommendations can be displayed in the Downloads page – in the side column. But this needs the system to be sufficiently sensitive about relation between items. Again it leads to having a more accurate search system as an initiative ;)

1002 posts
+5 more
mudi says

...show recommended items to the user who bought same types of items before or bookmarked them.

something similar was implemented at some point but authors protested. if someone created a collection with your item, then that collection appeared on your item page. So let’s say you sell a set of icons, If someone created “Most awesome set of icons ever!” that set will appear on your icon set page. Then the buyer will click on that bundle and find other great items, some of them probably better than yours. :) Chance of selling your item to that buyer is reduced proportionally with how more awesome the other items in the collection are.

Strange, but, having a bad navigation and item search system will increase sells of certain files because buyer will get bored pretty fast and just settle with a choice, just because those files happened to be on front page, or appears in the first couple of pages if you sort by ratings or sales.

So your idea is good for buyers but I don’t like it. I don’t want other authors items on my item page. I’m selfish. :)

As curiosity some “nice” trick that other marketplaces do is letting you pay for showing your item on other people items page, similar with google ads.

Will in some way hidden, collections are here and offer a good way of finding great items

http://themeforest.net/collections small note: I know that you didn’t specified the recommendations to be on the item page but anyway just wanted to remember this event from the marketplace past.

i mean to say that show recommended items not based on the current item page which customer has opened but on his/her previous purchases. This will not hurt the sales of an item on which customer is currently because recommendations are not related to current item page but on his/her previous purchases.

2118 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Recommendations already exist on item pages, on PhotoDune and AudioJungle.

by
by
by
by
by
by