84 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
yomrholmes Envato team says

@Kopyov – we’re promoting it externally in a bunch of places. Its the middle of the night in most big traffic areas right now.

199 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
footagecentral says

SOUNDS GREAT!!! Maybe you could have “monthly mini bundles” and if you are featured in a mini bundle you can get a badge???

7654 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

NO!

ten items at the price of one!

how do I compete with this?!

this is not fair.

minibundle as items. thumbnail on mainpage. why? please WORK on a project and then SELL it. don’t just pack some other people work and UNFAIRLY COMPETE against me.

LightLotusProduction
LightLotusProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
290 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
LightLotusProduction says

Hello, is this a ThemeForest Exclusive or is it intended as a feature for every marketplace?

7654 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Hello, is this a ThemeForest Exclusive or is it intended as a feature for every marketplace?

this will be everywhere. now they are just testing the water to see if authors will be dumb enough to accept this unfair competition.

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

If bundles become a regular habit, the whole purpose of it will lose its meaning.

286 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
candeed says

NO!

ten items at the price of one!

how do I compete with this?!

this is not fair.

minibundle as items. thumbnail on mainpage. why? please WORK on a project and then SELL it. don’t just pack some other people work and UNFAIRLY COMPETE against me.

@Doru :

Here’s a quote from Envato Notes article :

Why do we run Bundles?

We find that many people who visit our sites for the first time don’t know the full extent of our Marketplaces and all the items on offer. For example, before I began working at Envato I was a customer on ThemeForest. I spent three years promoting iPhone apps in different capacities, but I had no idea that I could create a professional app commercial by buying a $25 app commercial template!

There are now more than 2.6 million items being sold across our Marketplaces. Bundles help us promote a range of items and help us find convenient ways to suggest different items to new buyers.

In the past, authors have raised concerns about Bundles hurting their sales. On that issue, I can discuss some of the analysis I’ve done on how people generally buy items from the marketplaces.

How do Bundles affect Marketplace sales?

In most cases, buyers are looking for something very particular. They often spend well over an hour on the site before buying and they almost always leave and come back a couple of times before actually purchasing a file. This suggests that most people will buy something because it fits a very specific need (not just because it is in a Bundle).

Most importantly, we have data that shows lots more ongoing sales as a result of running the Bundle vs. not running a Bundle. When people are buying more stuff, everybody wins…

7654 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@Doru :

Here’s a quote from Envato Notes article :

thank you. I read that. here is what I understood from it.

Why do we run Bundles?

to make money.

We find that many people who visit our sites for the first time don’t know the full extent of our Marketplaces and all the items on offer.

what bundle have to do with this?

nothing.

if is here for the first time, he will look around, do a search (if off course the search would work properly but it doesn’t) see some items, purchase.

For example, before I began working at Envato I was a customer on ThemeForest. I spent three years promoting iPhone apps in different capacities, but I had no idea that I could create a professional app commercial by buying a $25 app commercial template!

that’s because the items are not promoted better and the website design is old not because there are not enough bundles

There are now more than 2.6 million items being sold across our Marketplaces. Bundles help us promote a range of items and help us find convenient ways to suggest different items to new buyers.

bundles are a quick way to make money for envato. there are many other methods to promote the diversity of the items that don’t include unfairly undercutting the work from authors that are not included in the bundles. Anyway the point here is about minibundles. Looks like are not promoted in any way. And there is no diversity of items, just a pack of THE SAME type of items.

In the past, authors have raised concerns about Bundles hurting their sales. On that issue, I can discuss some of the analysis I’ve done on how people generally buy items from the marketplaces.

they raised concerns and they were right. I asked countless of time for the staff to state if the overall sales of the marketplace when the bundles are up is equal with this equation.

Buyers total money spent when no bundle is up = X

Buyers total money spent when bundle is up = Bundle sales + X

got no answer on this and I can safely assume that

“Buyers total money spent when bundle is up” is approximately equal with “Buyers total money spent when no bundle is up”

this means undercutting of authors sales in favor of the bundle. Who actually lose those sales is hard to predict.

How do Bundles affect Marketplace sales? In most cases, buyers are looking for something very particular. They often spend well over an hour on the site before buying and they almost always leave and come back a couple of times before actually purchasing a file. This suggests that most people will buy something because it fits a very specific need (not just because it is in a Bundle).

minibudles are a collection of THE SAME type of items. 90% chances they will just purchase that instead of searching one hundred items.

long post but only one conclusion. MiniBundles are not the same thing as the normal bundles. I can understand the need for Main bundles till a certain point.

MiniBundles are just an item that competes with the single items in the category where it will be placed.

There is no way I can compete with this.

LightLotusProduction
LightLotusProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
290 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
LightLotusProduction says

this will be everywhere. now they are just testing the water to see if authors will be dumb enough to accept this unfair competition.
I see.

Well, in my opinion Envato is a fair company and until now it cared about its authors. If they see that this strategy affects sales in a negative way I think they will just remove it!

7654 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

If they see that this strategy affects sales in a negative way I think they will just remove it!

It doesn’t affect the overall sales. Buyer will purchase the bundle. envato win the same percentage (or even more since probably the bundle rate is 50%)

Authors with items in that category will lose a potential sale each time a bundle is sold.

by
by
by
by
by
by