• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I smell something like this: Cross goals are the culprits.

For example we see many Bounty spendings made by Envato to expand new item categories. That’s fine as long as the money spent on bounties are taken from system’s revenue but it looks like the more bounties announced, the bundles expanded to compensate the revenue equation? If that is the case its cruel… :zipped:

If the bundles released with less share of money for Envato, then we can say it is going efficiently. If the bundle’s can’t be managed without taking the less than 50%, clearly it is a failed strategy for the resources spent and sacrifices made on discounting the library.

950 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says

sounds great to me, I like the fact that you took in consideration our suggestions. It’s great to promote such areas that don’t get much exposure. Or for example you could start making creative mini bundles, choosing items basing on a style or a particular “concept”

5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

sounds great to me, I like the fact that you took in consideration our suggestions. It’s great to promote such areas that don’t get much exposure. Or for example you could start making creative mini bundles, choosing items basing on a style or a particular “concept”

Good point but missing the obvious. Just wondering if a regular search system (which works 24/7 for 365 days) couldn’t manage to produce proper exposure, do you believe a bundle that advertised for just 2 days will enhance the exposure?

The only positive side is the author’s earning through bundle on their non-exposure item. But do you believe that justifies to release frequent bundles? It is just quick money strategy – nothing more than that.

101 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
QuanticaLabs says

How about bundle of bundles? :nerdy:

But seriously, don’t like the idea too, same as some previous commentators. Would be nice to see e.g. a page that promote updated items.

440 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ZozoUI says

What is the point in bundles if nobody will know about them? Let’s say you’ll create a standard page on TF where people can buy it. So people can open this page only from post in Notes? I believe 95% of users (not authors) don’t read Envato Notes

+1

139 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Videomaster says

Could Envato really try something new except of the bundles?! VideoHive authors asking for some crucial features since 2010. E.G. Video Rollovers, better and improved video player,...etc. “Inventing” something like a rollover (mouse) player shouldn`t be a nuclear physic to you guys. All your competitors sites have that feature. And you should pay more attention to the authors themselves and they requests, not only $$$.

Peace.

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

It’s great to promote such areas that don’t get much exposure.

But they don’t promote the minibundles in any way. What type of promotion is this?

3504 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

It’s great to promote such areas that don’t get much exposure.
But they don’t promote the minibundles in any way. What type of promotion is this?

I would guess the mini bundle will be promoted in the Newsletter email, and other places.

139 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Videomaster says

And yeah, you don`t need to be a brainiac to realise that this isn`s about item promotion. It`s all about $$$. There are 1000 more ways to promote an item or category rather than a selling items for “almost-a-free” price. Envato really struggles to keep up a trend of these bundles. If you look on they official bundles website you`ll notice that there is a bundle every few months. I really don`t like this.

P.S. Recently you had microlancer banner at the top of the pages and I think it’s a great way of promoting stuff.

117 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
NenadVFX says

I don’t understand why you always need some bundle to promote your marketplaces… Why not to use featured projects files for that purpose or best sellers lists/projects… ?

Also what will be the price of that micro bundle if big bundle is 20$?

by
by
by
by
by
by