222 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BetaMotion says

It’s great to see how envato reacts to a 32 page long thread complaining about the bundle strategie: MORE BUNDLES!

It is getting ridiculous and if envato likes to make a bundle (excuse me, mini bundle, as they are called now) every day then we should give every author the option to make his own bundles like at audiojungle. This way we can ruin this marketplace ourselves and give all our files away for free.

And yes, that’s a bundle badge under my avatar.

+1(bundle)

714 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

How about bundle of bundles? :nerdy: But seriously, don’t like the idea too, same as some previous commentators. Would be nice to see e.g. a page that promote updated items.

Absolutely agreed

And..yes bundle of bundles would be great! :D

1473 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

83 sales already. we have a winner, no need to wait anymore, the experiment is successful (did anyone had a doubt? not me )

3683 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Something I find weird..

In previous bundles, like to Corporate one, it was $20 for tons of files across different marketplaces. However, this is a mini bundle for $19 with just 10 items..

Why have they priced it almost the same as the other bundle, which a lot fewer items?

It’s a massive discount, either way. Just less massive with this “mini bundle.” :D

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Is it really a success? :) For Envato, yes, but what about the 10-15 authors who have items around this bundle?:) How about those files they worked hard on? The best selling one on the whole page has 5 sales if you ignore one item at the bottom of the page which has 30. I think that it’s killing the authors, that’s what I think. Building the marketplace, but killing the authors. This depends on how often they will be released, but let’s see if you consider it a success after you release a wp theme you’ve worked on for 1 month and right after your theme is a bundle which costs 5 dollars more and brings 10 themes.

My op is: ENOUGH BUNDLES ALREADY!

How are they gonna share 19 dollars to the 10 items anyway?

PS: No offense intended of course, just a very strong BAD feeling about this item-looking bundle stuff…. I’m gonna have a heart attack if it’ll be in the featured list as well!

1421 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

How about an Apps bundle?! We need some more exposure :)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

“we want to encourage buyers to explore niche categories”

Landing pages are not a niche category – I’ve got the sales to prove it.

This mentality of ‘discount is the only form of promotion’ is ridiculous and Envato you have completely shot yourself in the foot with your explanations of bundles and mini-bundles. Your ‘excuse’ has always been it brings in new traffic which converts to new buyers (even tho nobody agrees with this statement) but now you are not even advertising the mini bundles off-site so please tell me… how are you gaining new buyers from a blog no one reads apart from the odd few people already involved in the eco system.

Discounting is a lazy mans way of not understanding marketing – period, ask any experienced marketer.

I also question, as I don’t see it anywhere else, that this was done without anyones knowledge, the article posted in the middle of the night (for the vast majority of users) and I just now saw it popup on the forums thanks to all the other authors complaining.

Envato sure know how to get authors motivated to look at other means of getting income from their files rather than being dedicated to Envatos eco system.

What’s next, subscription for 1 price to all files.

Unbelievable.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

“we want to encourage buyers to explore niche categories”

Landing pages are not a niche category – I’ve got the sales to prove it.

This mentality of ‘discount is the only form of promotion’ is ridiculous and Envato you have completely shot yourself in the foot with your explanations of bundles and mini-bundles. Your ‘excuse’ has always been it brings in new traffic which converts to new buyers (even tho nobody agrees with this statement) but now you are not even advertising the mini bundles off-site so please tell me… how are you gaining new buyers from a blog no one reads apart from the odd few people already involved in the eco system.

Discounting is a lazy mans way of not understanding marketing – period, ask any experienced marketer.

I also question, as I don’t see it anywhere else, that this was done without anyones knowledge, the article posted in the middle of the night (for the vast majority of users) and I just now saw it popup on the forums thanks to all the other authors complaining.

Envato sure know how to get authors motivated to look at other means of getting income from their files rather than being dedicated to Envatos eco system.

What’s next, subscription for 1 price to all files.

Unbelievable.

+1000000…...

951 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

Enbundle

by
by