75 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Bmoosic says

Hi. I’m confused about how the site works. I don’t have much of a portfolio on the site yet, and I know that quantity matters…... I haven’t made a sale and I’m thinking that it’s probably because my tracks sound nothing like the top sellers, and don’t sound like what’s hot for the market right now. I’ve checked my analytics too and I have very little traffic/page views. I decided to go back and look at the list of weekly top sellers from June 2012 to the present and I’m seeing the same twenty tracks, with little change, over and over again. I’m not quite understanding how this all works…...Is this the year of the ukelele? Just kidding! I would really appreciate some helpful advice, insight, explanation, because I’m feeling like a major Loser. :( Thanks!

514 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

Hi. I’m confused about how the site works. I don’t have much of a portfolio on the site yet, and I know that quantity matters…... I haven’t made a sale and I’m thinking that it’s probably because my tracks sound nothing like the top sellers, and don’t sound like what’s hot for the market right now. I’ve checked my analytics too and I have very little traffic/page views. I decided to go back and look at the list of weekly top sellers from June 2012 to the present and I’m seeing the same twenty tracks, with little change, over and over again. I’m not quite understanding how this all works…...Is this the year of the ukelele? Just kidding! I would really appreciate some helpful advice, insight, explanation, because I’m feeling like a major Loser. :( Thanks!

You’re not alone, many people start slow, the key is to produce as much as you can and build a general base of products and cross advertise yourself on places like Facebook or deviantart.

913 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

Hi JackandJerry

Best thread to read about this is

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/ways-to-promote-your-audiojungle-music/55643?page=1#505402

Don’t get dispirited – just keep writing. Good luck :)
340 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

Well JackAndJerry, I believe I have figured out the secret… though I have yet to capitalize on it. Here’s how you make the perfect audiojungle best seller:

Step 1: Start with some bouncy whistling against a set of syncopated claps and ukulele. Bring in a happy bass guitar line (preferably a fender jazz bass) and tambourine after 2 measures. You’ll definitely want to spruce everything up about 8 measures in with a bright sounding glockenspiel line. Bridge with a ukulele solo and then raise the entire song up 2 semitones for the return of the chorus and end with a light crash cymbal.

Step 2: Profit!

Congrats. You’ve made an audiojungle best seller. :D

514 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

Well JackAndJerry, I believe I have figured out the secret… though I have yet to capitalize on it. Here’s how you make the perfect audiojungle best seller:

Step 1: Start with some bouncy whistling against a set of syncopated claps and ukulele. Bring in a happy bass guitar line (preferably a fender jazz bass) and tambourine after 2 measures. You’ll definitely want to spruce everything up about 8 measures in with a bright sounding glockenspiel line. Bridge with a ukulele solo and then raise the entire song up 2 semitones for the return of the chorus and end with a light crash cymbal.

The problem with handing out that advice is eventually those the market will become over saturated with those songs and there will be little room for new comers to capitalize from them.

545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

Don’t get down on yourself. The best advice is to just keep making music, and promote it well. If you just are uploading and are building a portfolio it will take a while to get traction on it’s own. Good luck and hopefully the sales will come soon.

1976 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+5 more
gballx says

Give this site and your portfolio some time. Also bear in mind the traffic will fluctuate throughout the year, just keep making great music. Good luck on AJ! :)

75 posts
Bmoosic says

Hi JackandJerry

Best thread to read about this is

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/ways-to-promote-your-audiojungle-music/55643?page=1#505402

Don’t get dispirited – just keep writing. Good luck :)

Thanks, J! The link you posted was very helpful. I’m also a fan of your work——fantastic!

75 posts
Bmoosic says

I laughed out loud after reading this! Thanks for the “advice” and friendly words of encouragement.

75 posts
Bmoosic says

You’re not alone, many people start slow, the key is to produce as much as you can and build a general base of products and cross advertise yourself on places like Facebook or deviantart.

Thanks for the marketing ideas!

by
by
by
by
by
by