2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
geminiman7 says

I’ve been searching for a contact form that looks just like this, but with CAPTCHA integrated:

http://www.template-guide.com/preview/5239/ (bottom of page)

I can’t believe it’s been so difficult to find something like this. Anyone have any ideas where I can find something like this to tie into an existing wordpress site? Just built a cool parallax site but the contact form that came with it does not look very good.

Thanks!

2293 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Don’t use CPTCHA it’s a usability nightmare – use something like contact form 7 plugin in your WP theme, add a form with a ‘are you human’ mathematical question or something for security.

2 posts
geminiman7 says

Don’t use CPTCHA it’s a usability nightmare – use something like contact form 7 plugin in your WP theme, add a form with a ‘are you human’ mathematical question or something for security.

Ok, thanks for the tip. Not hard set on using captcha method, just something that will be effective. I’ll check that out. Thanks.

148 posts
loveetc says

Its your opinion but in general they help a lot to prevent the spam if built well. reCAPTCHA is extremely useful and very large scale organizations use it to prevent the registration spam.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Here’s a great write-up on why not to use CAPTCHA and other ways that are better for your users (and you) http://webdesignledger.com/tips/why-you-should-stop-using-captchas

148 posts
loveetc says

Thanks for the link, but I didnt really find it ‘great’ ( I don’t mean to be disrespect). I found it very vague. I still couldn’t find any reason not to use it. The other suggested alternatives (javascript, images) etc., do not help much in security.

I’m too lazy at the moment, otherwise I would find you 100 links explaining why CAPTCHAs are extremely useful.

Anyway, there’s always good and bad way of implementing something.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

Fair enough we’ll agree to disagree :)

148 posts
loveetc says

PS. I’m big fan of your designs. :)