407 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
envato says

Yes, yes, I have to give credit where credit is due. Aharon Rabinowitz back in, I think 2006, had a tutorial that makes your keying duties MUCH easier… it was entitled Super-Tight Junk Mattes. I have to admit, it works really well, but like almost any other task in After Effects, there was another way to do it. I was talking to Maltaannon a few months back and he had told me about his technique that he uses on this, and I have been using it ever since. Not only is there fewer steps, but it also takes a lot less time. I asked him if he wouldn\’t mind me making a tutorial on it, since we all know how extensive his tutorials can get, and he told me to go for it, and here is the result… Super Tight Junk Mattes v2.0!

Click here to see full post: http://blog.videohive.net/resources/tut-saturday-another-technique-for-super-tight-junk-mattes/

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

I used rabinowit’s technique since i found it last year..thanks for the share! Ill try out that technique, do a lot of keying..

Happy holidays topher….

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
foochuck says

Nice post Topher.

I wanted to point out that there was a Video Copilot tutorial that uses a very similar method but instead of using Color Range he used Color Key. Set the tolerance to about 29 or so. He then grabbed each shade of green and then it was the same process with the simple choker & keylight.

Always nice to learn another method though.

-Charley www.foochuck.com

by
by
by
by
by
by