320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
eirehotspur says
I see themes like this all the time with grat Shopping Cart Pages: http://themeforest.net/item/g-multipurpose-responsive-html5-template/5733218 http://themeforest.net/item/precise-multipurpose-responsive-template/4704032

How would you go about using it with Paypal for instance?

I think either there should be a Tutorial authors can attach to the instructions with files like these or you work that out yourselves and charge more.

Shopping pages in templates are a waste of time to most people otherwise.

People use templates because they cannot program things like that in the first place.

94 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
pixedelic says

Hi eirehotspur,

as its name says, “G” is a HTML template so it is only a skin, as the other HTML themes on this marketplace. It has been built to help developers that don’t have time or skills to design a skin by themselves, it provides the design for the ecommerce pages (as for the blog pages etc.) nothing else. If you need the PHP functions (or ASP or any other dynamic language) that makes your ecommenrce or blog works, you have to turn the html theme into a WP theme, or Magento theme or hire a developer etc. Hope this makes sense.

Manuel :-)

721 posts Theme20.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
T20 says

Hi eirehotspur,

as its name says, “G” is a HTML template so it is only a skin, as the other HTML themes on this marketplace. It has been built to help developers that don’t have time or skills to design a skin by themselves, it provides the design for the ecommerce pages (as for the blog pages etc.) nothing else. If you need the PHP functions (or ASP or any other dynamic language) that makes your ecommenrce or blog works, you have to turn the html theme into a WP theme, or Magento theme or hire a developer etc. Hope this makes sense.

Manuel :-)

+1

320 posts
eirehotspur says

I dissagree.

Someone who doesn’t have the skills to put features into Web Design like you have in your template certainly isn’t going to have the skills to turn the Shop part into a fully functioning Shopping Cart.

They will have to increase their spend and buy Magento/Opencart/Prestashop themes.

My point is the Shopping Pages of your Themes will never be used 90% of the time. That is a pity.

7 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MageryThemes says

The template is great. People, who wants to create nice shop with custom design will like it. The most of the shops doesn’t use the theme as it is, always there are different customizations performed.

576 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Gareth_Gillman says

I dissagree.

Someone who doesn’t have the skills to put features into Web Design like you have in your template certainly isn’t going to have the skills to turn the Shop part into a fully functioning Shopping Cart.

They will have to increase their spend and buy Magento/Opencart/Prestashop themes.

My point is the Shopping Pages of your Themes will never be used 90% of the time. That is a pity.

pixedelic is correct, the themes are predominately aimed at developers who either can’t / won’t design. I buy themes from here and then code them into another cms/ecommerce system, it saves me time and energy designing from scratch.

There are too many options to go through for someone to create a tutorial to add paypal functionality to a theme, such as location, type of payment etc

As you’re based in the jolly green land, I am happy to email / speak with you later to discuss the above and show you how to get started.

I have done this hundreds of times and it’s not difficult, it’s just time consuming and there are so many options which limits what a theme author can add to the template.

320 posts
eirehotspur says

Thanks for that Garth.

I tried contacting you through your profile but no link to an email?

If you could contact me through my profile I will reply.

Taking this great theme as an example….how would you go about integrating it with Paypal. If you could even point me to the right paypal help page that would be great.

I dissagree.

pixedelic is correct, the themes are predominately aimed at developers who either can’t / won’t design. I buy themes from here and then code them into another cms/ecommerce system, it saves me time and energy designing from scratch.

There are too many options to go through for someone to create a tutorial to add paypal functionality to a theme, such as location, type of payment etc

As you’re based in the jolly green land, I am happy to email / speak with you later to discuss the above and show you how to get started.

I have done this hundreds of times and it’s not difficult, it’s just time consuming and there are so many options which limits what a theme author can add to the template.
by
by
by
by
by
by