2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Skydazzle says

What this site needs badly is a Tutorial on how to use the AE downloads for people like me that have little or no knowledge of the program. Having purchased a great looking intro for some videos, I have all but given up on using it. It came with a great tutorial on how to edit it but nothing about how to get a usable finished project to edit into Premier Pro or any other video program. Exporting, rendering etc might be easy to you guys but is a whole area we don’t have time to learn.

The description said I could put my company logo on the front….......well that doesn’t work because it is not a single colour. I have no idea how to change or resolve this and the author ignores my emails. So I wont buy again from him or anyone that doesn’t confirm what logos can be imported or used.

There are 1000’s of peeps like me out here wanting to use these but without simple instructions we will buy one, find we can’t work out how to have a finished product and not come back…...

Shame really as there is some real talent on here.

757 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Many files have video tutorials within the files, or at least text or images explaining how. For rendering you could easily find a tutorial on how to render on youtube. I would contact the other for support, or if you need customization I can do that for you; you will have to pay of course.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Skydazzle says

Doesn’t that really defeat the point of buying a ready made AE file from here if I end up paying someone to make it work!!??

My point is this site should have all the info on it, I really don’t see why I should have to search YouTube to find out this info.

If you make a tutorial within your project then make sure it shows how to acheive a final product. After 3 days of playing with my downloaded file I have finally acheived a working video, but it would have been so much better if I had not had to seach for other peoples tutorials to get it to work.

Whether I buy another from this site remains to be seen….... Surely as Authors of great works you want maximum sales and that could so easily be ruined by frustrated buyers walking away!!

757 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

I understand your complaint but I think most VideoHive authors assume that our buyers have the most basic understanding of After Effects: rendering and navigating through compositions. A lot of work goes into these projects and simply looking up a YouTube video doesn’t seem to difficult to me.

I do agree that the site should have info about rendering, actually that’s a great idea. Honestly a whole…section or something dedicated to informing buyers about the program and what they’re buying.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Graham

by
by
by
by
by
by