• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

Due to the recent security breach on Tuts+ Premium, many of you may be wondering about the safety of your personal information on the Envato Marketplaces.

We would like to assure you that Marketplace passwords are all encrypted to protect your personal data. The Marketplaces do not store passwords as plain text.

A reminder though: if your Marketplace password is the same as your Tuts+ Premium password (or if you can’t remember your Tuts+ Premium password), you should change your Marketplace password immediately. The same goes for any other sites where you use that password.

If you have any questions, feedback or concerns – please ensure you have read the Envato Notes article regarding the breach, and contact Support who will be more than happy to assist. Thank you.

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
johnnybd says

Hey Jordan, how much of an impact do you think this will have on Marketplace authors in terms of sales? Seems like a lot of the Tuts+ members are frustrated and angry, are there are a lot of them who were buyers or potential buyers?

851 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Australia
+2 more
Jordan_M Staff says

Hey Jordan, how much of an impact do you think this will have on Marketplace users? Seems like a lot of the Tuts+ members are frustrated and angry, are there are a lot of them who were buyers or potential buyers?

Hey Johnny. Certainly there is an understandable level of frustration from our affected users. We use encrypted passwords on the Marketplaces and no data has been compromised here. We’re going to keep everyone informed about the situation, will be transparent and are urgently working to fix the issue and do our best to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

488 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PixelBuffet says

Good luck guys, you’re going to have a pretty crappy week – but Envato will get through this.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what this does to Tuts+. You guys really think you’ll have it back up within 48 hours of the notes blog post? Are you not allowing the devs to sleep at all?

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Did envato have plans to implement a more secure login for the marketplace in the near future or do you wait for the marketplace to be hacked and then provide the update?

sorry but I can’t put this question less harsh than this, there are months, maybe years that authors requested a fix for this security problem.

2947 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Did envato have plans to implement a more secure login for the marketplace in the near future

Hi doru. This is in relation to the tutsplus website which is completely different to the marketplace login system. More information is available on notes here: http://notes.envato.com/general/tuts-premium-security/

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

Hi doru. This is in relation to the tutsplus website which is completely different to the marketplace login system.

Sorry, I will not allow this. Don’t deflect my question, I need an answer to this issue.

And is not “completely different” as you say. That website is owned by envato and probably was maintained by the same developer team as those who build&support this marketplace. Correct me if I’m wrong on this.

11 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
charliesome says

That website is owned by envato and probably was maintained by the same developer team as those who build&support this marketplace. Correct me if I’m wrong on this.

They are distinct teams

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

They are distinct teams

That is a relief :)

R3GeneralDesigns
R3GeneralDesigns Recent Posts Threads Started
92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Japan
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
R3GeneralDesigns says

Uf, serious thing, sorry to hear that. Envato must take this very serious not only now, also for future attacks.

Envato reputation is serious thing; of course when you are big you will receive more attacks and envies, but here are many professionals involved, and many live due to Envato earnings.

by
by
by
by
by
by