1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

Are we allowed to use these tween engines here in our files?

The only reason i dont use greensock’s tweening engine is that I dont have a licence, so i use tweener mostly, but sometimes like now, for example, I have made a gallery which used extensive tweening and the difference (between tweenlite and tweener) in more than noticeable, so I was forced to look elsewhere and found tweensy & betweenas3…

The second thing what I would like to know is do they offer some of more advanced capabilities (as tweener does) like: autoAlpha, saturation, delayed call and so on..?

If anybody used tweensy & betweenas3 I would appreciate an advice wheather to use them, if so which one, and do they offer some of these “special” (as I call them) tweening capabilities?

Thanks!

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Yes I use Tweensy on all my files here and my own 3DScrop Tween . Also betweenas3 is a cool Tween engine but Tweensy is easier to work with and have some cool effects.

There is no problem you can use Tweensy & betweenas3 for AD files its free for use.

For basic Tween you can use TweensyZero its about 3kb fast and easy to use .

For advance Tween like bizzzzer and 2d bitmap atc` you can use the fully Tweensy version about 11-12 kb

133 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
sekler says

What about caurina? Is that allowed?

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

yes its allowed but caurina is a dead project there is no more developing for caurina/Tweener

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

I used both without problems in my items. :)

133 posts
+2 more
sekler says
yes its allowed but caurina is a dead project there is no more developing for caurina/Tweener

I didn’t really used tweeners like this since now. Now I needed for a project(AS3), I’ve started using caurina. What do you suggest? Should I start everything from the beginning? :P Which one do you recommend?

Thanks

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I didn’t really used tweeners like this since now. Now I needed for a project(AS3), I’ve started using caurina. What do you suggest? Should I start everything from the beginning? :P Which one do you recommend?

Thanks

Well ,I think only if you use the full Tween function, if it’s a basic Tween and not a complex project caurina will do it but many will say its not fast like gs or Tweensy but trust me you wont see the deference(just the 11kb).

By far today the best Tween engine is Gs but you need a licenses to resell it and its update on a regular base give you some advantage on the develop.

The free alternative is Tweensy very easy to use, personal i use it for some time and my own Scorp3D engine , also Shane McCartney(Tweensy) bitmap/bizzzzzarre class is really amazing and simple.

It’s amazing but just browse the web everyone make today there on Tween engine and offer it for free

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

just get a GreenSock license :P

133 posts
+2 more
sekler says
Well ,I think only if you use the full Tween function, if it’s a basic Tween and not a complex project caurina will do it but many will say its not fast like gs or Tweensy but trust me you wont see the deference(just the 11kb).

By far today the best Tween engine is Gs but you need a licenses to resell it and its update on a regular base give you some advantage on the develop.

The free alternative is Tweensy very easy to use, personal i use it for some time and my own Scorp3D engine , also Shane McCartney(Tweensy) bitmap/bizzzzzarre class is really amazing and simple.

It’s amazing but just browse the web everyone make today there on Tween engine and offer it for free

Thank you very much for this detailed guide, tsafi. :)

1389 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

no offense but,

when i see someone with no purchase, no file, no sales, no badges and when he/she writes a thread about some brand i feel some advertisement there….

this is just what i feel…

and my personal opinion about Tweening Engines is, it’s not neccessary for such files on Activeden.. because they don’t usually need huge amounts of motion… you don’t move thousands of clips around… so any other tweening engine out there and even default Tween class of Flash’s itself does the job great…

so you can keep going with

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*

you can feel the difference only with experimental works with thousands of simultaneous tweens…

by
by
by
by
by
by