4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
no offense but,

when i see someone with no purchase, no file, no sales, no badges and when he/she writes a thread about some brand i feel some advertisement there….

this is just what i feel…

and my personal opinion about Tweening Engines is, it’s not neccessary for such files on Activeden.. because they don’t usually need huge amounts of motion… you don’t move thousands of clips around… so any other tweening engine out there and even default Tween class of Flash’s itself does the job great…

so you can keep going with

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*

you can feel the difference only with experimental works with thousands of simultaneous tweens…

If it was Msfx then i can understand you, but he is a new member and he already submit two files (what exactly he advertise?) so i don’t see any problem to help a stranger.

Also using a Tween engine like Gs Twensey atc`is much more efficient in AS3 garbage collection, null problem, shorter and efficient coding, unique and simple effect ,as simple as Tween color, all this and more make our life much more easy in the Tween world

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
no offense but,

when i see someone with no purchase, no file, no sales, no badges and when he/she writes a thread about some brand i feel some advertisement there….

this is just what i feel…

and my personal opinion about Tweening Engines is, it’s not neccessary for such files on Activeden.. because they don’t usually need huge amounts of motion… you don’t move thousands of clips around… so any other tweening engine out there and even default Tween class of Flash’s itself does the job great…

so you can keep going with

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*

you can feel the difference only with experimental works with thousands of simultaneous tweens…

wow your Anti Tweening Engines…

most of the templates on here would be a nightmare to develop if you were using the built in tween classes… the api’s exposed for engines such as greensock provide far greater functionality than that of the built in Tween engine.. plus you’ll write much less code and have far greater management of your tweens allowing far better optimisation, plus greensock is faster than the built in tween engines even with few items tweening…

You really should look into using one…

5346 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
plus greensock is faster than the built in tween engines even with few items tweening…

When it comes to tweening, having to manage event listeners for MOTION _FINISH is such a pain in the arse. So for GC it’s really no contest. Plus like MSFX said, there’s a noticeable difference in speed for even just 10’s of tweens. I built a full-screen gallery here that was slow even when using Tweener, so I actually bought a GreenSock license because it worked great with TweenLite.

by
by
by
by
by
by