• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

Hi guys, does anyone have working twitter feed widget for 1.1 API? Starting March 5th, 2013, the 1.0 endpoints will no longer be available and I’m looking for solution for HTML templates. For WordPress I found script but it can’t be used in HTML templates because of using PHP etc.

962 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
EireStudio says

Does it use Json, if so JavaScript?

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
billyf says

Sorry if this is slightly out of topic but I’m just wondering, what is your plan regarding this change? Based on what I know, each user has to register for an app if they want to use the new API, am I correct? In that case, how can we expect the buyers to do that themselves (especially those who are purchasing WP themes) when some of them are not really tech-savvy?

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

New api is madness … oauth required even to just fetch tweets and api calls per hours are limited so data must be stored server side (a pure js solution is no longer an option)

Not to mention buyers will be obliged to create their own api keys before being able to use the widget and guess who they are going to ask help with …..

Not worth the effort, at least for us, so we just removed the twitter widget from our standard list of features.

BF

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
ThemeMoz says
The solution is: chirp.js http://lab.rog.ie/chirp/
356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
billyf says

The solution is: chirp.js http://lab.rog.ie/chirp/
I don’t think this will work with API version 1.1 because I don’t see any fields for API key. But then, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Not worth the effort, at least for us, so we just removed the twitter widget from our standard list of features.
But for those who have already purchased the themes, wouldn’t they complain if the feature is suddenly removed? After all, when they purchased it, ‘probably’ they bought it because there’s such feature (I know it’s very unlikely, but who says your buyer can’t use that reason?)
4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
ThemeMoz says

The API is mostly unusable now, imo. I don’t have an idea how the chirp.js works, but it just works and not require an API usage. Customization is easy too and can be implemented to your current widget, like I did. I took me ~ 30 min to figure out how it works and implement it to my widget.

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
pixelentity says

But for those who have already purchased the themes, wouldn’t they complain if the feature is suddenly removed? After all, when they purchased it, ‘probably’ they bought it because there’s such feature (I know it’s very unlikely, but who says your buyer can’t use that reason?)
The api change is massive, happened after theme release and would require complete rewrite of the code (no to mention the buyer api key). Most buyers would understand that the change is not under our control and the fact they bought a theme and not a twitter plugin.

edit: @ThemeMoz
that plugin uses API 1.0 and will soon stop working.

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
PrimeThemes says
https://github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth

EDIT: just read the first post, I think this php class will useless :D

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States