911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick heads up. Twitter will soon be retiring it’s 1.0 API. They’ve announced that this will happen on the 5th of March. You can read more about it here.

If you have an item with a Twitter feed, now is a good time to start updating your item to the new 1.1 API.

Twitter is a common feature among files and as a result the update queue may become busy. Please be patient if this occurs and we encourage you to update your items as soon as possible. :)

810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

Strange , here can’t open the link but twitter can open!

240 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

Also, remember that Twitter will soon be enforcing their rather strict display guidelines too, which means whenever you display a Tweet or a Timeline, it needs to adhere to their requirements.

More information about the display requirements can be found here: https://dev.twitter.com/terms/display-requirements and confirmation from a Twitter employee that it applies to ALL display is here: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/15327

Key point to note is that they will provide warnings before revoking API access, which is a good thing, so at least you get warned there.

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

@phpdude, so what does this mean for existing Twitter widgets? Do we, as authors, need to update the styling on all themes that contain the Twitter widget?

61 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
themepunch says

Also, remember that Twitter will soon be enforcing their rather strict display guidelines too, which means whenever you display a Tweet or a Timeline, it needs to adhere to their requirements.

More information about the display requirements can be found here: https://dev.twitter.com/terms/display-requirements and confirmation from a Twitter employee that it applies to ALL display is here: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/15327

Key point to note is that they will provide warnings before revoking API access, which is a good thing, so at least you get warned there.

Let me get this clear: This basically means that every design deviating from the standard embedded timeline style is against the rules?

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

@phpdude, so what does this mean for existing Twitter widgets? Do we, as authors, need to update the styling on all themes that contain the Twitter widget?
I’m wondering about this as well. They will contact the owner if it doesn’t comply to their formatting (i.e. our buyers, and they will, in turn, contact us) : “Our platform operations team reaches out to developers and sites that are non-compliant with guidelines—make sure that the contact information associated with applications and accounts used with the API or widgets are up to date”

Edit : I don’t think I’ve seen any themes (or maybe more than 90% of them) having a Twitter timeline design which is compliant to their guidelines. I think a lot of people will be dropping support for it instead.

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says
Edit : I don’t think I’ve seen any themes (or maybe more than 90% of them) having a Twitter timeline design which is compliant to their guidelines. I think a lot of people will be dropping support for it instead.

Exactly, I’m not too sure what to do now before we can get some clarity. If they are drastic changes, perhaps a plugin would be better.

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

Let’s unite and give em hell :D

Nothing else to say…

1198 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Who need twitter? From 5 March Twitter Widget is not in my features list. Goodbye Twitter.

4349 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Who need twitter? From 5 March Twitter Widget is not in my features list. Goodbye Twitter.

I just broke up with Twitter too… she’s still crying! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by