• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

There are however some limitations, like limit of 180 requests per 15 minutes for an app. I have created single app for each of my theme, but it can still be a problem if theme is so popular and wide spread like those of yours…so maybe let customer choose to either use your app or give him instructions to create his own app.
API limits are 180 requests per 15 mins, per app, per user so number of theme installations shouldn’t be a problem

Really?! On a theme with over 2000 purchases this shouldn’t be a problem?! :D

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

There are however some limitations, like limit of 180 requests per 15 minutes for an app. I have created single app for each of my theme, but it can still be a problem if theme is so popular and wide spread like those of yours…so maybe let customer choose to either use your app or give him instructions to create his own app.

whooaaaa!! You crazy?! You are not allowed to give YOUR API INFO to the BUYERS! :D

It is against Twitter TOS.. How can you even think to do such thing? An experienced buyer could do anything he could want with your twitter account if you give him full oAuth access to your API :D

Those API info are stored in PHP on my server, user just make request from its theme to script on my server. Only drawback is that somebody can use this script for fetching tweets for his own theme / website. So it is definitely not a best solution…

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Those API info are stored in PHP on my server, user just make request from its theme to script on my server. Only drawback is that somebody can use this script for fetching tweets for his own theme / website. So it is definitely not a best solution…

This is getting more and more weird.. So users depend on your server with the themes they buy from you? This is the worst possible scenario that i could think of..

44 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
designchemical says

API limits are 180 requests per 15 mins, per app, per user so number of theme installations shouldn’t be a problem
Really?! On a theme with over 2000 purchases this shouldn’t be a problem?! :D

Only for read requests though:

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting/1.1
355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

This is getting more and more weird.. So users depend on your server with the themes they buy from you? This is the worst possible scenario that i could think of..

yes, it is not perfect

But if you have a better solution, I will be glad to hear it:)

44 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
designchemical says

yes, it is not perfect

IMHO you should have each installation set up their own twitter api credentials. This will avoid calls to your server and in the event that the app is blacklisted for either abusing rate limits or having issues with twitter’s display requirements it will only affect one website.

Setting up the credentials is not a major issue.

191 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
SwiftIdeas says

yes, it is not perfect But if you have a better solution, I will be glad to hear it:)

I suggest you get this changed asap, as that really isn’t a solution in any way. You need to get users to sort out their own credentials (provide a tutorial?).

- Ed

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

yes, it is not perfect

IMHO you should have each installation set up their own twitter api credentials. This will avoid calls to your server and in the event that the app is blacklisted for either abusing rate limits or having issues with twitter’s display requirements it will only affect one website.

Setting up the credentials is not a major issue.

Yes, this will be possible for Wordpress or other PHP based themes.

355 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

Ok, my mistake. I am developing Tumblr themes and I thought that requesting tweets with custom made JS/PHP script is the only way to do it in this case, but I have found out that there is a standard Tumblr solution to do it, I dont know how I missed that in documentation…

8 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Brazil
hugw says

The Twitter REST API v1 will officially retire on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

https://dev.twitter.com/blog/api-v1-retirement-final-dates
by
by
by
by
by
by