• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Madsoft, you’re first telling us to change attitude, and then you prove our point, but in a little more formal way..

But yes, people above are generally right. When we create a mockup, we spend time doing so, time is money (as most of us charge per hour), so we want money before we invest time :)

Normally we request a part of the total sum, like a quarter to a half, before we do anything :)

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
DirkL7 says
Do you think I will just hand over money before I see what you are offering??
This is where your part of the job starts. Find the right web designer by looking through some portfolios. Take out the one who’s style of design fits to your project’s needs and expectations and contact the designer. Nobody is going to make you a mockup for free (certainly not someone that values their work).
5 posts
KneeOnLite says

OK I got it wrong, being new to this I had no idea how it worked, when i said a mockup I did not mean you design a whole site and send it to me, I meant give me some idea of what I am going to be paying for, regarding color and layout etc. Of course I know it takes time and effort.

If instead of jumping in with smart comments and snide remarks some one could have just said that’s not how it works I would have understood.

Anyway thanks for your input lesson learned, I apologize if any one was offended, that was never my intention, as for the person who said you don’t want to work for a client like me, that’s your loss, my writing style may not convey it but I am a good person to work for, I pay on time and I listen to what experts tell me.If those same experts cannot be bothered to explain how the system works without resorting to childish comments then that’s fine i will move on and find some one who will explain it to me.

Once again I apologize to anyone who was offended by my post.

92 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Toushi says

I think the correct terminology your looking for is called a proposal.

5 posts
KneeOnLite says
I think the correct terminology your looking for is called a proposal.

Ah… yes thanks, I suppose I will get the hang of the terminology If I stick around long enough and let you guys throw abuse at me. ;-)

62 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
mbianchi27 says

If you still haven’t found anyone to do your project for you, you can send me a message via my profile and I will send a link to my site so you can see my portfolio and we can discuss some ideas to improve your 2 sites. Then we’ll work out a price for everything.

http://themeforest.net/user/BIANCHIENT

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says
Ah… yes thanks, I suppose I will get the hang of the terminology If I stick around long enough and let you guys throw abuse at me. ;-)

No, you’re a towel.

49 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • United States
Anthonyash says
If instead of jumping in with smart comments and snide remarks some one could have just said that’s not how it works I would have understood.

On the first page, read what Meshach said. ;)

5 posts
KneeOnLite says

OK thanks to those that offered advice, I purchased four templates I like from the site and will have them customized at GAF . Seems the easy way to do it.

@ Dwhitmore Is your comment “No, you’re a towel.” just a randomly generated insult or did you study stupidity?

Really what the hell is that supposed to mean.

My last comment one this subject, there are some talented designers around here, this is probably the best template site I have seen, some amazing work, but don’t be so quick to flame a Newbie. Not everyone understands the terminology you use. I was actually ready to spend but I will take my business elsewhere.

To the designers who I bought the templates from thanks a million, great work.

60 posts
  • United Kingdom
ZDN_web_design says
Ha! That’s like going to an architect and saying “Draft me a full house plan, and if I like it I’ll pay you to start building it.” :D

Ain’t that true….

by
by
by
by
by
by