kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

So last night, I just shut down my studio computer. I made a rookie mistake and didn’t power off my audio interface before hitting shut down. So I powered it off as I clicked shut down, Windows hates this and just stuck on the ‘Windows is shutting down’ screen.

The only thing I could do was power off the PC from the wall, I re-booted to check it was okay, and you guest it Windows is pretty much dead, seems I have corrupted the OS! YAY!

So now I have a file that is soft rejected that I need to make some small changes to the preview and I cant as I cant turn my computer on until I run Windows restore, unfortunately I lent the disk to a friend, so here I am on my crappy connection download Windows 7 from the Microsoft site…... Ugh! I AM SO DAMN CLOSE TO HAVING MY FILE ACCEPTED, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME PC?! Doh.

933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
jhunger says

Yuck – it’s always the worst times too. Are you able to boot into safe mode or a command prompt so you can at least recover your project files?

395 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Sounds like a movie script. Keep us up to date!

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

Yuck – it’s always the worst times too. Are you able to boot into safe mode or a command prompt so you can at least recover your project files?

No I can’t, it only allows me to ‘start windows normally’ (which just freezes on the windows loading screen), and it allows me to ‘start windows recovery’ which I cant do unless I have the disk.

No worries about the session files as they are on another drive all safe. 1st SSD for OS, 2nd SSD for Sessions, 3rd SSD for samples, External HDD for backups. Covered :)

933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
jhunger says

No I can’t, it only allows me to ‘start windows normally’ (which just freezes on the windows loading screen), and it allows me to ‘start windows recovery’ which I cant do unless I have the disk.

No worries about the session files as they are on another drive all safe. 1st SSD for OS, 2nd SSD for Sessions, 3rd SSD for samples, External HDD for backups. Covered :)

Very smart :). Sounds like an inconvenience instead of a tragedy, then. Still a bummer, though…

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

Very smart :). Sounds like an inconvenience instead of a tragedy, then. Still a bummer, though…

Yeah, I just hate waiting :) When I moved from OSX to Windows I always thought this day would happen so I prepared for it, always happens when you dont have the disk to hand though haha!

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
129 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

I just formatted for the second time in 2 days so I hear you :( but in your case it’s really tricky…are you sure you can’t load in safe mode and try a system restore? maybe if you could restore it to some days ago…or I don’ know…it’s weird because it should also give you the “last good configuration” option just before startup…btw I’m talking about windows 7…

In any case I wish you good luck!

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

I just formatted for the second time in 2 days so I hear you :( but in your case it’s really tricky…are you sure you can’t load in safe mode and try a system restore? maybe if you could restore it to some days ago…or I don’ know…it’s weird because it should also give you the “last good configuration” option just before startup…btw I’m talking about windows 7…

In any case I wish you good luck!

nope windows fails to to start so no option to start in safemode etc, its obviously corrupt, just need to wait for download to finish of windows 7. Bah!

919 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Kristopher. Hope you can get it back and up running shortly. I’m sure almost all of us have had moments like that so can relate to the sinking feeling one experiences during these times. Good luck mate. May the force be with you.

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Kristopher. Hope you can get it back and up running shortly. I’m sure almost all of us have had moments like that so can relate to the sinking feeling one experiences during these times. Good luck mate. May the force be with you.

Finally downloaded Windows 7, just making a bootable usb pen and I should be good to go, or at least see what the damage is! Worst case is I just need to reinstall the OS and programms!

by
by
by
by
by
by