3 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
jupitersaturn says

Hello,

i want to buy the theme – http://themeforest.net/item/ultimo-fluid-responsive-magento-theme/3231798, and use it for magneto 1.4.2, but this them feature says that it support magneto 1.5 only. So can any developer here make this theme to be made compatible with 1.4.2? Please confirm the time you need along with the cost?

thanks.

650 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

You should pay someone to upgrade your platform instead. You’re asking for serious trouble running a release that’s multiple years behind. It’s an easy target.

3 posts
jupitersaturn says

Hey Gravity,

Thanks for your advise. Can you please give me a quote to migrate our 1.4.2 magento to 1.5 or 1.6? which ever is easy?

If you do not do it, please point me to someone else.

Thanks.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Bangladesh
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
pletenican says

Yes migrating your 1.4.2 magento version to a higher version will be a better solution here and we are willing to provide this service to you. Let me know if you are interested so that we can discuss details on this project and get going accordingly.

Thanks

3 posts
jupitersaturn says

Pls let us know the quote? also kindly share your email id so that we can communicate directly.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Bangladesh
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
pletenican says

You can forward your project details here at our email so that we can review it all and send you the quote accordingly.

Thanks

650 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

@ jupitersaturn — I only work on upgrades for clients when I’ve had a continual presence in their operations. Here’s why:

Nobody can give you a realistic quote for this without asking a long series of questions about your implementation. For starters: Do you have a dev and staging server? How do you deploy to production / rollback changes? Have you customized the frontend package? Are you using extensions? What integrations are there?

Upgrades can easily run into thousands of dollars when done properly. You need a risk mitigation and fallback strategy if something does go wrong. Anybody who offers to do it for a few hundred dollars is cutting corners, and you’re the one on the line.

This is not something any freelancer can step in and offer you. You either need an internal technical person managing this or a technical partner that is responsible for the long-time health of your implementation.

In short, deploying software is an investment that you need to factor into the cost of doing business.

by
by
by
by
by
by