4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says
Hey I’m glad to hear it isn’t a issue for you, afterall why would it be? :S

Actually queue movement is a concern of mine, and one that I check in on every single day. But the point I was making is that 3 days is not an alarmingly long wait time, especially compared to the rest of the industry.

Also going as far as to say a 3 day wait is unethical, doesn’t make much sense to me. Then kindly asking anyone who doesn’t agree with you to not post in the thread, is a bit out of line if I’m being completely honest. We have a great team of reviewers, who work hard every single day to make sure files get reviewed in a timely fashion. I don’t think it’s fair to expect them to spend every waking moment of their lives reviewing files. All I’m asking is for everyone to go a little easier on them. Normally files are reviewed in less than 2 days. Occasionally something comes up, and we now have an alternate to help out when that does happen, so you should see it occurring less.

Hey Mark and thanks for the reply – I understand your concerns – maybe there could easily be a limit – like 2 files only to be in non live status? I say 2 because some like to release PSD and HTML together – or WP and HTML – or HTML and Email – sister products basically.

I don’t see the issue of everyone releasing at the same time to be honest – why would you ever want to release your new item at the same time as 30 other people and be lost in a sea of all new files – I believe authors would basically police themselves on this issue – they would look at the front page and see a bunch of new files and just wait a few days etc

I still feel there is some good merit in allowing authors to be able to set a release date – just might need some more thinking possibly?

Hey Jonathan,

It’s absolutely not out of the realm of possibility. Just not in it’s most basic form. If something like this we’re to ever be put in place there would need to be a system of checks and balances. I’ll be thinking about ways to make something like this work over the weekend and then run it by the other Site Managers during our next call.

Thanks for the feedback!

2283 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Thanks Mark – I think I can speak for most authors when I say we appreciate you considering the idea and possibly brain storming with other managers – it’s all we can ask for :)

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Kontent says
Hey I’m glad to hear it isn’t a issue for you, afterall why would it be? :S

Actually queue movement is a concern of mine, and one that I check in on every single day. But the point I was making is that 3 days is not an alarmingly long wait time, especially compared to the rest of the industry.

Also going as far as to say a 3 day wait is unethical, doesn’t make much sense to me. Then kindly asking anyone who doesn’t agree with you to not post in the thread, is a bit out of line if I’m being completely honest. We have a great team of reviewers, who work hard every single day to make sure files get reviewed in a timely fashion. I don’t think it’s fair to expect them to spend every waking moment of their lives reviewing files. All I’m asking is for everyone to go a little easier on them. Normally files are reviewed in less than 2 days. Occasionally something comes up, and we now have an alternate to help out when that does happen, so you should see it occurring less.

Hey, I never 3 days is unethical but 7 days, I agree that most of the times files are reviewed within 48 hours but when it’s not obviously there must be some sort of reason rather than jumping onto the inevitable “wait a week” bandwagon” which only makes no sense.

1012 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
wizylabs says
You know I haven’t read the full thread but I understand where you are coming from – I have definite prrof that the sales of an item are dependant on the day they are reviewed and up for sale [...]

I just wanted to say that it doesn’t really matter when it goes online as you will have 7 days of sale on the homepage weekend or non weekend. My Xero theme and Stuff theme, both wordpress, both came out on the same day, mine got 8 sales and stuff got 30+ so it doesn’t really affect the sales what day it came out.

Just my two cents :)

2283 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says
You know I haven’t read the full thread but I understand where you are coming from – I have definite prrof that the sales of an item are dependant on the day they are reviewed and up for sale [...]

I just wanted to say that it doesn’t really matter when it goes online as you will have 7 days of sale on the homepage weekend or non weekend. My Xero theme and Stuff theme, both wordpress, both came out on the same day, mine got 8 sales and stuff got 30+ so it doesn’t really affect the sales what day it came out.

I don’t mean to disagree with you publicly but I have a large portfolio and have my own stats I keep on release days of the week etc – I understand certain items are popular and others are not but definite trends appear over time with more items – ask most of the long standing authors with large portfolios and I am sure they have all worked out when they want an item to be released – ie the best days etc – even best parts of the month also.

Oh and you are NOT guaranteed 7 days on the home page at all – trust me – sometimes you can be there for almost 2 weeks – other times it can be 2 days bud – that’s not the issue in question here though is it?

4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says
Hey, I never 3 days is unethical but 7 days, I agree that most of the times files are reviewed within 48 hours but when it’s not obviously there must be some sort of reason rather than jumping onto the inevitable “wait a week” bandwagon” which only makes no sense.

I understand what you’re saying now and apologize for the generic “could take a week” answer. But the issue lies with the frequency that these types of posts come up, or have come up in the past. Since the question’s been answered a hundred times over, it’s much easier to state the generic guideline, which is files can take up to 7 days to get reviewed. So while it doesn’t make anyone happy when they’ve been waiting for a few days already. It’s a good thing to mention, especially for guys who are new and are unaware that it can, very rarely, take that long.

1012 posts
+6 more
wizylabs says

I don’t mean to disagree with you publicly but I have a large portfolio and have my own stats I keep on release days of the week etc – I understand certain items are popular and others are not but definite trends appear over time with more items – ask most of the long standing authors with large portfolios and I am sure they have all worked out when they want an item to be released – ie the best days etc – even best parts of the month also.

Oh and you are NOT guaranteed 7 days on the home page at all – trust me – sometimes you can be there for almost 2 weeks – other times it can be 2 days bud – that’s not the issue in question here though is it?

Agreed as you are much more experienced than me :)

LOL that happened to me on code canyon, I stayed on the homepage for about two weeks :D

95 posts
+4 more
bringthepixel says

Please do some math :)

1. Release on friday -> 4-6 days on front-page with 5 sales per day -> you’re very very lucky to be in “weekly top sellers” list

2. Release on monday -> 4-6 days on front page with 5 sales per day -> you’re pretty sure to be in that list -> more sales

As I said before:

“weekly top sellers list” based on last 7 days = I don’t care about review time or release day

:)

3266 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

no one is forcing you to submit files, if you don’t like there policies then go to another market that fits your needs or start your own. while most files do get reviewed fairly quickly a 7 day wait period isnt unethical mainly because they use that “7 day” more of a fallback if something gets screwed up.

@jonathan I totally agree with authors have some sort of input on when there files get released especially if your trying to release theme files like HTML and a WP or what ever scenario it be nice to be able to submit multiple items in one package(thatll get reviewed at once) almost like a separate category for themed items that has a cross links built-in to the item page(instead of authors adding the links in the description) and authors could set dates or a time frame from each item like, Release PSD first, Release HTML 2days later, Release EMAIL 4 days later, Release WP 5 days later

1012 posts
+6 more
wizylabs says

Please do some math :)

1. Release on friday -> 4-6 days on front-page with 5 sales per day -> you’re very very lucky to be in “weekly top sellers” list

2. Release on monday -> 4-6 days on front page with 5 sales per day -> you’re pretty sure to be in that list -> more sales

As I said before:

“weekly top sellers list” based on last 7 days = I don’t care about review time or release day

:)

I guess I was very wrong :D

by
by
by
by
by
by