3868 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says
I read this on the legal information page:
10. Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Sites from our offices in Australia in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.

Local laws…. Are you and your attorney from New South Wales, Australia?? Maybe those legal requirements your talking about only apply to your home country?

Well either way:
“We control and operate the Sites”
They mean “we” as in Envanto, as in not thomas07. Clear enough? Good….

hahaha someone who speaks sence! +1111111

140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
FlashBros says

I don’t think we are about to see that kind of licence soon at flashden. Simply because Flashden reputation is made by a certain number of very good files. If they loose their 50 better template for exclusive, it will be good at short term income but could be catastrophic in long term. if they loose the best 5% of their stuff like this, less people will come at flashden. As i can see marketplace that use that kind of licence are not the same kind of marketplace. It’s the kind of marketplace that make their thing from inside, not from associated author like here. It took 3 years at envato to build a good and credible flash library, and still 95% of the files are low-medium quality.The 5% top files represent 50% of flashden income, and represent 90% of why more and more people come here at first. I Don’t think that envato is willing to loose that 5% for a short term income. Especialy if the direct competition don’t offer it, this will let the competition have better files than them in long term.

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

you maybe right FlashBros, but this community doesnt exist of flashDen only…there are graphicriver, audiojungle, themeforest and videohive that are in oposite in great quality content comperated to flasden (i didnt say flashden content is bad!!) and “may require” the licence type we are talking about. The other marketplaces we talk about and show as reference are exactly the same as envato model…they are not “making their thing from inside”...they are also “authors powered” just like envato marketplaces.

@FJ…Jay, if you have something to tell to us that is constructive go ahead and say it dont hide behind “someone who speaks sence” (that ctually doesnt even know that screen resolution is 72 dpi http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/thumbnail-errors-attention-to-graphicriver-designers/12868 ...i think with his post on this thread, he just think he got me and now is time to pay back for this). In oposite, we all know this terms and agree to when signup. So relax…we dont need this terms pushed under our nose each time when we make sugestions and at the end, this are only suggestions, no one here is trying to overtake envato. And as i already say before…you as envato’s permanent employee and very much respected staff member must be more constructive than anyone else on here and not try to erase others ideas or efforts. Whatever…i still prefere to get an answer from some manager as from some author who think he got permssions from management to act like the marketplace police. We all know who is “the boss” and that only envato operates the sites…but without your, my, his or her suggestions, help and support the whole marketplace is nothing more than “websites with integrated shopping cart”...so stop speaking things we all know and are aware of.

We all see, managers and forum moderators posting at other threads, but somehow they stay away from topics like this one…maybe is time, some of them can clarify for us all this and this way we all know it is noticed.

arquitectostyles
arquitectostyles Recent Posts Threads Started
153 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
arquitectostyles says
@FJ…Jay, if you have something to tell to us that is constructive go ahead and say it dont hide behind “someone who speaks sence” (that ctually doesnt even know that screen resolution is 72 dpi http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/thumbnail-errors-attention-to-graphicriver-designers/12868 ...i think with his post on this thread, he just think he got me and now is time to pay back for this).

First off, your wrong about the dpi. I never asked for an explanation. I already knew that info. Dont know why you gave it, maybe to flatter yourself on your knowledge, when really its something thats known by everyone??? I mean, if someone can set an image to 300 dpi in photoshop, im pretty sure they know how to change it back to 72 dpi. I centainly do, and didnt need your explantion…...

Second, your wrong in that thread. An image at 300 dpi would work. The point i was trying to make is that a 300 dpi image would only show up as a 72 dpi image on screen. This is because a screen monitor can only display a maximum of 72 dpi. So if you have a 300 dpi and 72 dpi image side by side, they would look identical on screen. So i wouldnt point fingers at who doesnt know what if i were you…..

Third, that is completely irrelavent to the subject. Why would you even bring that up?? I dont understand why your being so stubborn about the unique license. I mean, its not like you have any work that would sell at a unique license price lol. Maybe thats why they dont have it, because Envanto would feel bad for you!

And as i already say before…you as envato’s permanent employee and very much respected staff member must be more constructive than anyone else on here

Last, dont tell them how to do their jobs. They know what theyre doing, and theyre doing it really well…...

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

yes, the relevant topic is not this one, so if you have concerns about this matter, you may use the right thread for this, but since you asked…if you really knew it, your subs images would show up.

As for been stubborn about that licence…it is not this, its simpy the fact that i (and maybe many other authors) prefere to sell their stuff under such licence. As for your Third subject…for sure you cant see any yet as i am not willing to offer it under the already existing licences…if the unique purchaise licence get available, then you will probably see some of them, if not then you wont see any. Envato wont know how this will go, unless they try it, but trust me…if they just knew the advantages they would implement it right the minute.

No one is telling the staff how to do their job, from what i have seen so faar i know they work hard, but their attitude (some of them…good example is the last one) on forums to other authors sometimes appear not as an good host and this makes wrong impression. Not to forget the fact that, no one here is making a favour to eachother…we create stuff and submit + pay our commissions and this is business. What we do here is make suggestions to improve that business. Friendship, respect and favours comes after, but not with an attitude as the recent one.

140 posts
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
FlashBros says

I’m still not convince that making a unique price would be a good thing…I mean if a client of flashden want something for is own personal use, they can browse the site, look at something they would like, and contact directly the author so he could make something unique for him…And usualy for the same price than BUY UNIQUE button… if you want something in my portfolio just for you, you don’t have to buy a file that already have sold 200 times, contact me and if you have the budget for it, i will make something EXACTLY for you, with EXACTLY what you want…and what I really appreciate on Flashden is that they just don’t interfere in any way for the freelance job, so you really have the artist price, not the artist price PLUS the envato commision…So Flashden is an amazing place to buy stock flash item AND it is also an amazing directory to find someone to make a freelance project.

Also don’t forget, if flashden start to make this UNIQUE PRICE button…i will let’s say let an item go for 1500$...but if i want 1500$ in my pocket, i will have to ask 3000$ in order to have 1500$ in my pocket, and 1500$ (50%) in envato pocket…The fact is that i can make you something even better than what is already there for 3000$...Without any commission of anybody…And in the end you will have a really unique file, just for you, made for you…so i don’t see the point really….

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

absolutely true, and items of envato’s marketplaces are not limted to web or design templates only. Example, there are items like textures which many of them are actually HQ photography…such items cant be custom created, you just take a shot and this is what you get to offer…what your camera captured at that moment. Such items definitely can be sold under unique purchaise licence…there are many other examples i can give. Few days back, another author stated that this licence is very much needed also at AudioJungle and VideoHive, dont ask me the many reasons this author listed, but here is one of them only…many production companies wont use an video or audio file that is already used else where for their clients movie or commercials, advertorials…whatever they produce. The video and audio production industry have much more strict rules than the design industry when it comes to use some premade stuff in their creations. This time, if this sort of buyers cant find such unique items offers, they wont simply buy and use it since they dont wish the movie clip or audio loop is used by someone else before or after they use that file. Thats why they get to buy such items uniquely, so that they are the only owner of that file and use it the way they wish + claim full copyrights within their own ready product as they transfer that licence with same full rights to their actual customer. This same apply for the graphic design industry…any item here on GraphicRiver apply for such licence as well. Basically, not only the author get effected by not been able to offer such licence, but envato as well as here we are talking about sales that doesnt happen simply to the facts above. The buyers comes…look arround for such items under such licence…and go else where, coz here the items not available under such licence.

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
LGLab says
Hey Thomas, Funny your attorney didn’t manage to spell the word “purchase” correctly once :D
LOL …no, its me that my english sucks…but well, no body is perfect B-) . For you as native British, the possibility to make an spell error doesnt exist, but try to learn my language and speak/type as good as i do English…then i would love to spell check your typing :-)

...I’m french ;-) I just got lost in UK, and since they have good beers I decided to stay. I do make spelling mistakes myself of course, and if I knew you wrote that, I would’nt have made that comment, I thought you copy/pasted some comments from your attorney friend, so it surprised me…and I would certainly make spelling mistake if I tried to write whatever language is spoken on Mars :D

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says
Hey Thomas, Funny your attorney didn’t manage to spell the word “purchase” correctly once :D
LOL…no, its me that my english sucks…but well, no body is perfect B-) . For you as native British, the possibility to make an spell error doesnt exist, but try to learn my language and speak/type as good as i do English…then i would love to spell check your typing :)
...I’m french ;) I just got lost in UK, and since they have good beers I decided to stay. I do make spelling mistakes myself of course, and if I knew you wrote that, I would’nt have made that comment, I thought you copy/pasted some comments from your attorney friend, so it surprised me…and I would certainly make spelling mistake if I tried to write whatever language is spoken on Mars :D

yayy…british beers B-) !! Well…thought, i’ll just go ahead and edit my profile location part as it seems no one understands me here :X :D

723 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
BigZ says

I didn’t read the whole thread (seemed too much BS is going on :)), but I have already asked this months ago, and it has been denied by staff:

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/unique-prices/4891?page=1

by
by
by
by
by
by