148 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
CipheredDesigns says

Thank you mate! I would love to try out your chat room!

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

I like the idea. First thing which came up to me once I entered the chat room was I wanted to be able to click a name and be taken to the author’s profile page on, for example, AudioJungle.

1739 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+6 more
SamBerson says

I like the idea. First thing which came up to me once I entered the chat room was I wanted to be able to click a name and be taken to the author’s profile page on, for example, AudioJungle.

Nice idea, which I will definitely consider. The only problem is if a user signs up with a different username to their Envato username (which someone already has) then it’ll throw a 404 error. Have you got any ideas for a solution to this problem?

238 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

I like the idea and I signed up =)

Did you consider making a time-stamp on the side of every message so that people can see if there is anyone really being active or if the messages are old.

And maybe a few smileys or something? =)

1739 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
SamBerson says

Smileys have already been suggested and will be added in an update. The time stamp thing will be an issue due to time zones etc. but I can try my best to make localised versions.

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

Smileys have already been suggested and will be added in an update. The time stamp thing will be an issue due to time zones etc. but I can try my best to make localised versions.

GMT clock at the top which says which time the chat has and then stamp the messages from that =) That’s how I did with my own chat a few years ago

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Coriiander says

Nice idea, which I will definitely consider. The only problem is if a user signs up with a different username to their Envato username (which someone already has) then it’ll throw a 404 error. Have you got any ideas for a solution to this problem?

Well, you would implement additional input during the registration process, and via the chat-profile-page for already registered users. In there users can put their Envato user name there, and tick some checkboxes on what markets they’re active, that would do it. For me for example that would be Coriiander, from AudioJungle. I’d enter Coriiander and tick the AudioJungle checkbox, as I’m not active on any other markets. The link to the user’s market profile adjusts based on the room the user is in. Clicking a name in AudioJungle-room would open the user’s AudioJungle-profile. Clicking a name in VideoHive-room would open the user’s VideoHive-profile. Users could tick checkboxes during registration, or from their chat-profile-page, for what rooms to enable their profile link. If that’s too complicated, then simply provide 2 additional inputs: one for user name, and one for the single desired marketplace to link to. Or even easier: a simple “url”-field, though that could be abused to link to malicious content on the web.

Furthermore a really convenient thing would be to hear a sound, in case the window is minimized/hidden/inactive. I usually like to keep these things open while I continue my work. I don’t like to check the window all the time to see if there’s any new messages. I’d rather be notified, for as long as I’m on the page in at least 1 window anyway. Especially with nowadays commonly available technology that should be very doable. Like Facebook does too.

1739 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
SamBerson says

Well, you could implement additional input during the registration process, or perhaps via the in-chat user profile for already registered users. In there users can put their Envato user name, and perhaps the specific market they’d want to link it to. For me for example that would be Coriiander, from AudioJungle (I’m not active on any other markets). Much like how users can often link their homepage in their profiles on various websites. An even better option would be to have the link to the market profile adjust based on the room the user is in.

Another nice suggestion. I’ll have a think about what I’m gonna do.

243 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

buyers don’t check the forums regularly let alone go to an external site…

:sadface:

1327 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
IngeniousArtist says

That was fast :bigsmile: