405 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
Panda-Bear says

I’ve noticed a vast increase of spam in my inbox. Here’s an example of the latest:

Name just sent you a message from your marketplace profile. If you need to verify that this user is a customer of yours, visit http://videohive.net/user/name The purchase data shown in the link above will only be active for 7 days from the sending of this email. Hi , I’m Name from neo-folk project Pale Roses : link , Our third album “The Rutted Road” will be out soon on the austrian label Steinklang and we’re searching somebody to realease our first official video . Please contact me for i tell you more Best Regards Name

You can reply to this email to respond.

Someone should tell this people, this is NOT bandcamp, this is NOT reverbnation, i do NOT want to … ‘Check out our band’ I thank you very much.

Any suggestions how to curb this ? Since people must be riegisted with envato, perhaps a ‘Report User’ function or a ‘10 strikes and your out’ facility.

140 posts moutheme
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
moutheme says

For me it sound like a freelance job proposal. They need someone to create a video. In your account i see:

Freelance: I am available

What is the problem here?

2580 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

1, This is not something Envato can influence, not that they should because 2, moutheme is right.

Is this part of a number of say 5-10 emails you are getting per month that say the exact same thing? Otherwise, if you are getting 1-2 emails per month or less, then I suggest you simply add a line of text on your profile stating that you are not open for freelance, because that’s clearly the case.

If you’d not be contacted by potential clients because of Envato blocking communication channels, then that again would be a reason for opening an “Envato has got to stop this” thread lol :D

Also, please refrain from quoting personal emails, as the above, including username and name.

ps.: removed name / link. And changed the title to something more appropriate.

1040 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Alexlasek says

Moutheme is right, its freelance job offer… :) If you dont wanna receive that types of offers, simply remove note about your freelance availability Cheers Alex

405 posts
+3 more
Panda-Bear says

hi guys.

The problem lies when you actually reply to the post.

Have received a lot of innocent looking posts that seem like job proposals. Then when one replies, that’s where the ‘TO be considered, please sign up to my fan page’ posts appear. THis is not how it seems.

Anyway. for the answer guys. thanks guys.

405 posts
+3 more
Panda-Bear says

1, This is not something Envato can influence, not that they should because 2, moutheme is right.

Is this part of a number of say 5-10 emails you are getting per month that say the exact same thing? Otherwise, if you are getting 1-2 emails per month or less, then I suggest you simply add a line of text on your profile stating that you are not open for freelance, because that’s clearly the case.

If you’d not be contacted by potential clients because of Envato blocking communication channels, then that again would be a reason for opening an “Envato has got to stop this” thread lol :D

Also, please refrain from quoting personal emails, as the above, including username and name.

ps.: removed name / link. And changed the title to something more appropriate.
P.S – Changing the title ‘Envato have got to stop this?’ You don’t think it’s something Envato should be looking into? creating a form to log or flag consistent spam posters?
2580 posts
+17 more

No, I really don’t think it’s something Envato should look into, unless you’re meaning to tell me that you’ve already opened a support ticket and complained about said spammers, without receiving an acceptable answer to the matter. If that’s the case please feel free to say so, and I’ll change the title to whatever your heart desires.

Otherwise, generally such threads are rather counter-productive, as any major discussion on the forums regarding Envato policy and methods remains at best just that, a discussion.

More specific to your question though, Envato has been taking steps to preventing spam on the forums, including but not limited to us, moderators. My suggestion regarding contacting support was based simply on the fact that not many seem to be struck by direct-email spam via the Envato profile form.

p.s: you still haven’t answered any of my questions though :P

1111 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
3alisha says

DUDE THAT ’S TOTALLY GOTTA BE A FREELANCE :shocked:

2580 posts
+17 more

DUDE THAT ’S TOTALLY GOTTA BE A FREELANCE :shocked:

We don’t know how busy his schedule really is though :P nor do we know the amount of emails he has been getting, or if all were as obvious as the one above.

1739 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Not sure if spam or job offer :confused:. However if it’s a spam then I guess some more authors could have received the same content. With spams, all we could do is to report them and let Envato take the rest.

by
by
by
by
by
by