667 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
FlossieWood says

Hello

I wondered if anyone could help me. I know next to nothing about the subject of licensing/royalty ( I realise I need to rectify this and soon!).

This is the situation. A music library here:

http://www.wesleymusic.co.uk/ourservice.php

has bought an mp3 of my song (not on audiojungle). They seem to offer a service to a huge number of crematoriums whereby they supply a music library for them to use. I understand the crematorium pays a monthly fee for this service.

As they have bought my song, I assume it is to add to their library. Could someone please tell me where I stand with this.

Many thanks

Flossie x

289 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Adigold says

Hi FlossieWood, r u familiar with this “Wesley” site?? its looks a little bit fishy to me…be carful where u upload your music..

667 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
FlossieWood says

Hi adi

Thanks for responding!

No I’m not but I have a couple of non aj songs that I sell independently on Soundclick and I make about seven sales a month (not much but every little helps). I am always supplied with the buyers email address which I occasionally check and this is what was turned up with this one.

So the short of it is I didn’t upload to them they bought a copy of my single and I assume they plan to use it on their database of songs which they rent out on a monthly basis!

289 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Adigold says

Hi adi

Thanks for responding!

No I’m not but I have a couple of non aj songs that I sell independently on Soundclick and I make about seven sales a month (not much but every little helps). I am always supplied with the buyers email address which I occasionally check and this is what was turned up with this one.

So the short of it is I didn’t upload to them they bought a copy of my single and I assume they plan to use it on their database of songs which they rent out on a monthly basis!

ohhh i get it now ….hmmm :)

by
by
by
by
by
by