492 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

Hello guys, I’ve just started to build my portfolio and I already got an offer I wouldn’t expect. Now I’m not sure how to decide. Somebody offered me $300 for my last work “Skyscraper Opener”. And after buying he wants me to delete it from VideoHive. It took me about 50-60 hours to create this project and I’m pretty happy with the result. But is it good enough to be sold 30 times in the future? How would you decide? Have you ever got an offer like this? Thanks for any reply

3917 posts After Effects Templates
    Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has referred 500+ members Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+8 more
miseld says

If you are planning to work long term at Envato marketplaces don’t sell it, if no in that case you decide what is the best for you.

40 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 50+ members Located in Argentina Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
teb says

It is good enough, but unfortunately that won’t help you tell if you’re going to reach that amount of sales, or how much time it is going to take. The offer seems fair to me, you can always re-masterize and improve it and apply similar techniques to a new project. I probably wouldn’t sell it (yet), but if you decide to do so, it’s not a bad decition :P Cheers man

687 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
videologio says

If you dont need these money right now dont sell it. It is nice :)

61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
FrameWerk says

At the end of the day it is your decision, perhaps you could negotiate with the client for a higher price if you really feel that you put so much work in to it.

7289 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

problem is, what he wants to do with that item.

492 posts
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

Thanks for your wise replies! Miseld I’ve just started and I want to be a part of this community, I’ve finally found place where I can realise myself. Doru I sent him e-mail with this question, I will make a decision when answer comes, but right now I want to keep it here at VideoHive ;)

5075 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says
||+521596|DoubleX said-|| Somebody offered me $300 for my last work…. It took me about 50-60 hours to create

So there’s your answer…$5/hour… so “no”.

230 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MotionMAX says

Hi there, Some times decision taking is very hard

25 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Graphixanizer says
||+521728|felt_tips said-||
||+521596|DoubleX said-|| Somebody offered me $300 for my last work…. It took me about 50-60 hours to create
So there’s your answer…$5/hour… so “no”.

This.

by
by
by
by
by
by