44 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
GBJsolution says

From UI prospective:
1. Why do you need so big Search and why two search fields in one visible screen aria.
2. As all experienced designers does… it’s create 1024×768 and insert top part in to that area, you will see that … laptop users will get only content till FEATURED, huh – awful!
3. There is no need to duplicate two times Popular Files and Latest Items… what’s that Learn More?
4. If you logic is to put View more featured Items before items on top, then why New items “All New Items , Popular items…” are on bottom? They should be also before…
5. Of course too much spacing and need to devide Just for You and New items sections… To make it more compact slider can be also before items on right corner.
6. Once we have New Items buttons at top, we can minimize spacing between NEW and FREE items.
7. Ugly part is that FREE items and FEATURED AUTHOR are looking too different in terms of TITLE and DESCRIPTION…
8. Of course I would put Our most loved promotions somewhere on top but will slider (not as now with page refresh) 9. And why do you repeat information in Search Block about HTML, WORDPRESS… if it’s before (like 100px up….) same categories there!

New layout will give AGAIN more exposure to TOP AUTHORS and TO FEATURES (witch also TOP AND ELITE AUTHORS most likely) ... no nothing new for New items…

Hope you will do new redesign… but at least you’ve started revolution with marketplaces redesign after a while…

100 % agree.
I have pointed out some possible changes.

I think all the problems is being generated from one idea MERGE DOWN guest visitor and logged in user. It may not be needed for logged in user because they will prefer to go directly to there desired category than a key search. If they prefer search, there is already one for that.

4327 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I really like it, but how about making the Featured and Just for you sections into two columns on the homepage, each with 6 / 9 thumbs …. as clean as the design is, there seems to be to much space. Just my two cents! :)

reputeinfosystems
reputeinfosystems Recent Posts Threads Started
18 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
reputeinfosystems says

beautiful work :)

3 posts
  • Located in Germany
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
flowdee says

what about responsive? would be awesome and still missing :(

148 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
D-Music says

I agree with all the above. This is a bad and uncomfortable design. It focuses mainly on the popular files. Most of the authors expressed their displeasure. And even buyers do not like it. Envato need to listen to opinion of the majority.

4664 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, but now have more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community, feet on the ground and look at the foundation of the site.. Can you ask yourself if this is a cutting edge marketplace design, that is sustainable for the next few years??

If the visual refresh was a good design, you would have very few negative responses – so if the majority don’t like it, then you’re doing something wrong – clearly. And honestly none of these new features anyone wanted in the first place, so why on earth were they implemented – is this not a community driven site, that is shaped around the communities needs? Or is this just some elaborate platform to send a few Envato millionaires into low gravity orbit :D

38 posts Stay hungry, stay foolish
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
pixelthrone says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, and more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community. If the visual refresh was a good design, you would have very few negative responses – so if the majority don’t like it, then you’re doing something wrong – clearly. And honestly none of these new features anyone wanted in the first place, so why on earth were they implemented – is this not a community driven site, that is shaped around the communities needs? Or is this just some elaborate platform to send few Envato millionaires into low gravity orbit :D

+1………

720 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, but now have more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community, feet on the ground and look at the foundation of the site.. Can you ask yourself if this is a cutting edge marketplace design, that is sustainable for the next few years?? If the visual refresh was a good design, you would have very few negative responses – so if the majority don’t like it, then you’re doing something wrong – clearly. And honestly none of these new features anyone wanted in the first place, so why on earth were they implemented – is this not a community driven site, that is shaped around the communities needs? Or is this just some elaborate platform to send a few Envato millionaires into low gravity orbit :D

Best post on this thread so far. Thank you!

133 posts
+2 more
MHF says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, but now have more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community, feet on the ground and look at the foundation of the site.. Can you ask yourself if this is a cutting edge marketplace design, that is sustainable for the next few years??

ahh finally an elite said that, that’s the whole point i tried to say a couple of posts back but the elite friends thought I’m trying to find excuses!

+1 … well said!

537 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
lemega says

Actually I’m supposed to be thankful because this change give me some extra days of frontpage exposure … ;)

...but I don’t see the benefit of this effort. There are so many issues discussed in the forums, so many things authors complain about – this new design doesn’t address any of the urgent problems – it’s more a step back.

by
by
by
by
by
by