2301 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, but now have more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community, feet on the ground and look at the foundation of the site.. Can you ask yourself if this is a cutting edge marketplace design, that is sustainable for the next few years??

ahh finally an elite said that, that’s the whole point i tried to say a couple of posts back but the elite friends thought I’m trying to find excuses!

+1 … well said!

no that’s not what I said. I agree that the new items shall be more present, but I want this because all benefit of those equally. Elites and New authors.

You are all talking about how the “new items” is the only chance for new authors to get to know and that authors with more sales have so much more options but that is something I don’t see. Burrying the new items is as bad for me as it is for you.

Right now the most prominent feature is the search engine, and I can remember that the community requested exactly this look in the past (oversized, overprominent search box). Now they are all complaining. If the search now works better for elite authors than for new authors, I doubt it. Many sales do push an item up in the results, but being new pushes an item, too. So it ends up to use the right keywords.

So we have not so prominent new files, both experienced and new authors suffer from equally, as well as a now very prominent search box both types of authors benefit or suffer from equally, too.

The next prominent thing in the new homepage is the featured item box, and I already pointed out that this is also not elite-author only. In fact, looking at some featured files you might think it doesn’t even have to come down to item quality, but just pure luck. So pure luck is – again – equal chance for both experienced as well as new buyers.

I don’t say the new homepage is good as it is, I like to have the new items more prominent, too. But solely because I benefit from it (as well as everyone else).

66 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
MagicWorkers says

Great ! We waiting ;)

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I like the direction it’s going, but I agree the “browse categories” button can be in the search window as well. Also there’s space for more than 3 items of the featured author, so why not show 5 or so.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Fun to see the homepage changing. The huge search looks fantastic! :)

Some feedback:

- “New” might be better written as “Recently Added”.

- Consider separating the sections by alternating light/dark backgrounds and the sections will pop much better.

- Reconsider the placement of the features (almost all other sections deserve more exposure than “Staff Picks”).

Additional suggestions for tightening things up:

• Combine the “Featured Items” and “Featured Author” into one row.

• Combine “Just for You” and “Free Files” into one row (with just a single free file from the currently selected marketplace, files from other marketplaces are probably wasted real-estate).

• Rethink the bottom 3 banner ads. For example, “Most Wanted” campaigns are only relevant to authors—but the homepage should be tailored for customers. I’d consider changing these boxes into “Featured File”, “Featured Author” and “Free File” (and leave them at the bottom of the page of course)
67 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
daext says

In general i don’t like the new homepage and I have also a big problem, the “Just For You” section is full of animals :) to be precise i have 47 animals ( cats, dogs and horses ) from photodune and 3 items from other markeplaces. I follow various authors from codecanyon, themeforest, graphicriver, photodune, audiojungle and seems that if a photodune author that i follow publishes 50 photos of animals the result is a zoo in the homepage, this is clearly not what i want in that section.

88 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Hezo says

Hello! Keep up the good work ,Tnx.!:> Hezo.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

In general i don’t like the new homepage and I have also a big problem, the “Just For You” section is full of animals, to be precise i have 47 animals :) ( cats, dogs and horses ) from photodune and 3 items from other markeplaces. I follow various authors from codecanyon, themeforest, graphicriver, photodune, audiojungle and seems that if a photodune author that i follow publish 50 photo of animals the result is a zoo in the homepage, this is clearly not what i want in that section.

This is a great observation. Currently, if you follow any author who uploads in bulk, your “Just for You” section suddenly isn’t that great. This section should behave like the “New Items” section instead, where only one new item from the author is shown within a certain time range.

1279 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Finally something that I like.

2301 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
+9 more
Creattive says

In general i don’t like the new homepage and I have also a big problem, the “Just For You” section is full of animals, to be precise i have 47 animals :) ( cats, dogs and horses ) from photodune and 3 items from other markeplaces. I follow various authors from codecanyon, themeforest, graphicriver, photodune, audiojungle and seems that if a photodune author that i follow publish 50 photo of animals the result is a zoo in the homepage, this is clearly not what i want in that section.
This is a great observation. Currently, if you follow any author who uploads in bulk, your “Just for You” section suddenly isn’t that great. This section should behave like the “New Items” section instead, where only one new item from the author is shown within a certain time range.

+1

bt to be fair, this problem did not come with the new homepage, but existed before, too.

39 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
medium_rare says

Joining the mob of ‘new items down too far’ protestors.

This really doesn’t seem to be in the best interests of authors. That front page exposure is pure gold and you can’t rely on people scrolling well down the page to see them…

Everything else looks good :)

by
by
by
by
by
by