233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FXNinja says

Anyone find it kinda strange how in one day, they change the home page to have less focus on finding new files, but now have more focus on top sellers, and then in another thread talk about sending Power Elites into outer space after customers have spent 25 million dollars on their items. Envato management needs to get their head out of the clouds and the distant future, and focus on the present – 2014, and listen to the community, feet on the ground and look at the foundation of the site.. Can you ask yourself if this is a cutting edge marketplace design, that is sustainable for the next few years?? If the visual refresh was a good design, you would have very few negative responses – so if the majority don’t like it, then you’re doing something wrong – clearly. And honestly none of these new features anyone wanted in the first place, so why on earth were they implemented – is this not a community driven site, that is shaped around the communities needs? Or is this just some elaborate platform to send a few Envato millionaires into low gravity orbit :D

+10000 … Well Said !

233 posts
FXNinja says

Once again finding new items is hidden … its is buried in a barely visible drop down list. .... But I would really want to see those category tabs back !

301 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
tunesurfers says

This new homepage must be an example of “thinking inside the box”. It’s basically the same design with a new layout! I would expect a brand new design. Here are my critics:

1) I don’t like the giant search field, envato is not a search engine! If you want to emphasize the search you could make it bigger and bolder and still keep it inside the header.

2) You could use that giant space in the middle for a slider like every other website do and use it for promotions like “happy (elite author) day”, “ultimate … bundle”, “envato’s most wanted”, etc. When you have to advertise something, you would use this space instead of popping up that thing at the top.

3) Old page elements shouldn’t be binding for the new design because they don’t respond to the growing marketplace needs anymore. For instance, I would get rid of the “featured items” and focus on promoting through “featured collections” so that a bunch of authors benefit from the exposure instead of a single person and the buyers would have more alternatives to choose from.

I mean if you want to promote an extreme action track then create an “extreme action” collection and promote a bunch of tracks instead of a single one! (I’m talking about small hand-picked albums, not 10 pages of random items).

4) Contrary to the common opinion, I don’t think new items should be on the homepage at all. Nobody puts random items on their front page, plus 3 hours of out-of-context exposure doesn’t mean anything from the author’s perspective.

9 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Germany
deus62 says

An honest opinion?

The “new” homepage looks like a 1990s thumbnail graveyard.

For a million-dollar company relying on thousands of designers bringing in the dough, it’s about as close to a total disgrace as one can get.

It’s like a Ferrari salesman going to work decked-out in a checkered brown 70s suit, arriving (late, of course) in a moss-green AMC Pacer.

:S

3 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
soundscore says

soundengine, I think you’re right at some points. But this is a community, not just a business. Some promotion, even if other sites do not embrace, are designed to give hope, to motivate authors. All the best.

4662 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

Where is the section to see new files from authors you follow? Has that been scrapped??? I see there is a button to follow an author on featured section, so it must have some sort of purpose.

But I think the follow author section was a good idea.. it was just implemented poorly before.. so what’s the deal now, has Envato decided to remove it now completely from the home page??

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Where is the section to see new files from authors you follow? Has that been scrapped??? I see there is a button to follow an author on featured section, so it must have some sort of purpose. But I think the follow author section was a good idea.. it was just implemented poorly before.. so what’s the deal now, has Envato decided to remove it now completely from the home page??

“Just for you” is that section. Same “new items from authors you follow” content, different layout, we hide it completely if it’s empty.

221 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
JohnFranc says

Great job guys

4662 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

Where is the section to see new files from authors you follow? Has that been scrapped??? I see there is a button to follow an author on featured section, so it must have some sort of purpose. But I think the follow author section was a good idea.. it was just implemented poorly before.. so what’s the deal now, has Envato decided to remove it now completely from the home page??
“Just for you” is that section. Same “new items from authors you follow” content, different layout, we hide it completely if it’s empty.

Ah I see it now! Ok so now the new items section is pushed even further down the page. The new items section updates more frequently than the follow section, so it should be above in my opinion.

I just want to stress that what’ve been asking for for years is more homepage exposure to new files, that was a priority improvement request.. so I’m not sure why the new files section has been pushed even further down the page, also minus visible category links.. over all the whole new items section is less prominent, so it’s another step backwards in my opinion.

Keep in mind if you’re a new author, with no previous files, no followers,.. the new items section is extremely important to be discovered, and with shorter and shorter exposure times, the new items section needs to be the first thing buyers see when they refresh the page.

41 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
AdiPurdila says

Great stuff. I love where this is heading :)

by
by
by
by
by
by