152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bangladesh
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
speaklog says

This is great. i like this new user interface. it’s more then user friendly then older. But can you expand more on new item sector :)

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
_Twiner_ says

I liked ;)

67 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
jota_themes says

I’m seeing the new homepage as well. Was the old homepage this morning. Somebody’s been playing with the A/B buttons again.

indeed;) I am now getting the old one. This morning was the new one

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Sorry guys, I totally dislike it.

23 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
CSSJockey says

Nice!! I really like the new layout. Thank you for your hard work.

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Absolutely yes ! .... please at least bring those category buttons back !

We’ll take mother look at that section. Hiding them behind a drop-down menu is/was a really popular community request, but I agree there’s more than one way we can clean that section up.

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Hi folks, we’re keeping a keen eye on this thread and the changes in metrics over the weekend to review on Monday. There’s some little things we can definitely fix/try based on feedback, some new concerns I’m going to go make sure we have metrics for, and there’s some bigger things we’d love to get to soon, so please know that we’re listening.

At the moment it’s still at 50% of all traffic (not just usernames of signed-in users), which is based on IP address. If you change IP addresses you may find yourself in or out of the test.

233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
FXNinja says

We’ll take mother look at that section. Hiding them behind a drop-down menu is/was a really popular community request, but I agree there’s more than one way we can clean that section up.

Thank you justinfrench … Its a relief to know that you guys are listening :)

I was repeatedly requesting those buttons back because of this connection I have observed over 1.5 years I was here.

Every time (Or lets say 90% of the time) I publish a project, my sales went up substantially within the time it is on the front page. I think its because users can access the category with one click, and they see it more. I think almost everybody has the same experience, and at least for me … I see a clear connection between how well an item sell while its on the front page, and how well it will sell in long term … (Can’t be true all the time .., but It has been true almost every time so far so far) ... So I think those buttons does a great job !

Moreover … yes I agree the way it was could be improved …. I say the categories should be visually more prominent than it was.

10 feature items thing is great … because those people deserve it !

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
676 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

I’m getting old home page, I think i’m out of test.

4664 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

So the community requested “hiding” the categories that their new files are on, in a drop down? Please show me the links to where the community requested such a feature, I read the forums daily for the last 7 years and have not seen anyone mention such a request, or that there were enough requests to deem it a “a really popular community request.”

So please explain why the community would want to remove visible links to the pages where their new files are on, in a drop down? Why would the community want those pages accessible with a two click process instead of one click? Everyone knows drop down menus can be tricky on mobile devices, especially touch enabled devices, the drop down is also very narrow vertically making it even more difficult for touch.. There is no mouse hand over cursor when you roll over on the drop down, ie it doesn’t even look like an active button. The light grey colour of the drop down is very faded into the background, it looks deactivated. The drop down doesn’t even mention anything about categories, switching categories, or draw attention to what it’s for. It just says “All”

So please explain again why would the community want to make it more difficult to access new files on category pages? My sales and many others have slowed down dramatically since this update, because we rely on our new items in categories being discovered, but now those links are hidden in a cumbersome drop down menu that’s barely visible and doesn’t even look like something you can click on.

Golden rule of selling on Envato “If buyers can’t see the links to where your files are – you’re not going to get sales”

by
by
by
by
by
by