36 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
diwave says

Home page is too long in my opinion. Before, I could see Featured files, New files, files by followed authors, and all that right away. But now, I need to scroll to see “New files” on 1920×1080 resolution, now imagine a customer seeing the site on his 15” laptop… Especially those who visit site for the first time, they will not even know about “New files” section which automatically means new files exposure drops by 60% at least.

Nikola R, DiWave Coders

504 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
SpyroPress says

Now new design implemented. Honestly, I did not like new design. It is not user friendly at all.

We have to scroll down down. Also there are 2 search bar. I think there will be only 1 sidebar…

They set few think in design to make user friendly. Otherwise it is average design…

4739 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

When browsing “New Items” on the home page – if you change the category to for example “Marketing Templates” it would be much better if the button below called “Popular Items” went to the the popular page of the Marketing Templates. Otherwise that button is misleading because it will always take you to the same Popular page of All items no matter which category you’re in.

Remember the user has already selected a filter and wants to be in a particular category – so the links below should change to narrow down the search.

Currently if the user wanted to view Popular Marketing Templates – they would have to abandon looking at new items section, and go to the drop down in the main menu – this disrupts the flow when the user is narrowing down his search – ie bad UX.

Also I strongly suggest saying “Switch Category” next to the category drop down – at first glance I didn’t actually notice it was there… this is kinda bad because before the categories were visible and noticeable. That drop down could be bigger / or brighter / or colourful because it’s actually quite a main feature but right now that dull grey colour makes it fade into the background.

109 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
miroslavzv says

A little question. Why is the background behind search neon blue? Isnt the characteristic color for ThemeForest brown like before? I thought the colors of the entire marketplace belong color of their logos.

The others are ok, but why blue for ThemeForest ? Because of Microlancer?

11 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
themejutsu says

It looks like standard one page template :P

But i know how hard it’s to do redesign with those 80px thumbnail. It’s a pain :D

329 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
ceasar says

Great news :-)

536 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

But i know how hard it’s to do redesign with those 80px thumbnail. It’s a pain :D

They do limit our options :)

536 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

The others are ok, but why blue for ThemeForest ? Because of Microlancer?

That would be a lot of brown :) We borrowed that color from the hub.

1 post
BoomBanners says

Unfortunately your Redesign Theme isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. :P

121 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
saputrad says

definitely an improvement. Not sure about the placement though: The “Just for you” and “Featured” items only rarely. Might be better for exploring the site to show the “New items” on top, right now I need to scroll down quiet a bit to see them.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by