Love it :)

20 posts gsrthemes webdesign and development
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+2 more
gsrthemes9 says

Unfortunately, I strongly recommend to restore to previous homepage again.

+1

223 posts We're here to serve
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+5 more
isoarts says

Unfortunately your Redesign Theme isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. :P

Lol! :-)

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jota_themes says

Like the fact the page is more search focused this will make buyers use the keywords we defined for the themes and its now more important than ever to have the right keywords.

But I do agree with the problem that new items where thrown to the bottom of the page and this takes out the already little visibility they had, they had not much in terms of time in there and now they are not so visible in the page as well.

But in general, if I “wasn’t an author” I would like it a lot. I guess that’s good;P

233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
FXNinja says

Think I should point out some concerns on the new design. (One of them is really serious)

Fist of all I think this is better than the last years test, but ….

photo Home_Page_Suggestions_zpsc261ae00.jpg

in reference to the image above, there are three suggestions I make ( please follow the numbers)

01. The big yellow stripe seems to outrank the menus above. These menus are very important to a user but now they are buried and not much visible especially with their light gray color. I suggest a to make them visible, by turning the yellow stripe in to a darker color … or something !!

02. 10 features items on the front page is great, but I would like to have the “Previous and next” arrows back there. Why make the user click on the “Brows all Featured” button and take him away from the front page !

03. My most serious concern :: Once an item approved, the first day or two on the front page is really important to all authors. What you have now is better than last years test, but I don’t think average user might even notice that drop down list. I really really want to have those buttons back so it is clear to the user. May be you can use the drop down to load the sub categories once a user makes a selection.

Ex :: A user clicks on the motiongraphics button and the thumbnails refresh to to the most recent motion graphic project, and at the same time the drop down list is loaded with all the subcategories from motion graphic section. If a user select on of those, the list could refresh and show the most recent entries of that sub category.

Kind of like this (Image Below)

photo Home_Page_Suggestions_02_zpsd5bb190c.jpg

200 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+4 more
themeva says

Looks great, although I feel it would be better with a divider line or background color on the “new” section.

1619 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

Home page is too long in my opinion. Before, I could see Featured files, New files, files by followed authors, and all that right away. But now, I need to scroll to see “New files” on 1920×1080 resolution, now imagine a customer seeing the site on his 15” laptop… Especially those who visit site for the first time, they will not even know about “New files” section which automatically means new files exposure drops by 60% at least. Nikola R, DiWave Coders

+1

1053 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

Unfortunately, I strongly recommend to restore to previous homepage again.

+1 yep, for me it’s a mess right now as well ;/

459 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
D_Cooper says

I really like new design, but absolutly agree with comment:

Might be better for exploring the site to show the “New items” on top, right now I need to scroll down quiet a bit to see them.
454 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
boomopera says

Oh no Envato, what just happened…is this the end of “the more you upload the more you are visible on the front page, hence more sales”?

I just woke up, and am I still dreaming?

Why did you just roll out such a massive change?

Why didnt you show it to the community first?

I know you think its gonna be fine like with color changes from green to blue, but this is different.

This has a potential to ruin lives.

Im curious just how effective this will be.

by
by
by
by
by
by