73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
bogdan_09 says

I just wanted to add to the “home page paranoia” that since the begining of August sales are very good a lot better then in July and I haven’t released anything new….

Maybe is just paranoia or maybe you are one of those who gets benefits from the new huge search box. I don’t know which are the words most often used by buyers but if you type in “Multi-purpose responsive theme” or “Responsive theme” your last theme appears on the first page in the search results. Maybe this is why you have good sales compared to last month.

243 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FXNinja says

Actually I was shocked with such dramatic changes on homepage. Several days was spent on dealing with thoughts regarding new situation on marketplace. Totally agree with authors who are not happy with this new design. And here is one more proof regarding returning categories to the New Items section – the 14th idea of Good UI

+1 … I’m sure the Envato developer team already know this …. Otherwise they won’t pull out all the marketplace labels out of the drop down list they were in, and place them in a row at the top of the every homepage !! (I think you remember that change) ....

BTW … Justin has already mentioned that they will bring back those category buttons … and looking forward for it !

28 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
SonnyFlyer says

Looks awesome so far!

1587 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Just checked a stat, now again this could be summer, but last wordpress theme we got approved on the first day on 29 may got 3500+ visits this time new item got only 2500+ and when i check reall time visitors while the item is still on the front page the second day it dropped drastically in comparison to last time. Maybe as i sad it is just a coincident i just wanted to share with you the stat’s on first day of the new item

1694 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

New home page “design” is guilty. It’s clear.

16 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
SupremeFactory says

Looking good, looking good :)

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
FirstNote says

Featured Author:

29 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Kevitus says

I don’t know I’m only a small author but I feel like the new design distributes the exposure more evenly and fair across all items. I also like how the search bar has become far more prominent which will help big deal all items that don’t have any front-page exposure.

69 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
jota_themes says

I also like how the search bar has become far more prominent which will help big deal all items that don’t have any front-page exposure.

Yes but I think now it actually benefits the items that are not new..I don’t know how much sense this makes actually.

I had very low sales this week, but noticed all of them coming from my oldest item which was kind of stopped for a long time and now came back to life. Of course it has more sales and I am guessing that is why maybe its showing up more or maybe the keywords.

I just think this search needs some heavy reworking as it works in a strange way and more importantly we authors should know exactly how it works and at least speaking for myself I don’t really know how it works or what buyers are searching for. Looks to me likes it searches name and tags and that’s it basically. So more emphasis on names like “Multipurpose” “Responsive” etc instead of some nicer original names that we could give to our items

29 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Kevitus says

Yeah, maybe the search engine should prioritize newer items more in the “relevance” setting. But still I guess that users want items that already have a trust-building amount of sales and ratings…

by
by
by
by
by
by