1623 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

But if visitors can’t see those category links, they can’t click on them right? ;)
We may actually ask Envato to remove new items from home page and replace the space with big category buttons with small description. Of course this requires some info from staff such as – “which page currently causing sales for new items”, “how much % of initial sales caused by current home page thumb click through” etc so that we may pre determine immediate side effects. To request something, we first need data. Since staffs have data in hand, their decisions should be efficient and ensure long term consistency (in theory). The more we deviate their original plans, probably it will reduce efficiency of final result.

We don’t need to remove “new items” section. We just need proper “space” handling. IMHO the old version of the home page was far better considering “space usage”.

4669 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Whoa, so much analysis on the changes on the front page :)

Not all people use this homepage to see the new items.

For instance, to check daily the new items, personally I go to Themeforest -> All Items because from there I can see also the ratings, the sales and I can click easily the preview button without going through the items details page.

True, but removing those visible category links still reduces exposure. What is most valuable to selling is visibility. If buyers can’t see your thumb, they won’t click on it – they’re most likely to click on something they can see that catches their eye. The more buyers have to click to find your item, the less chance of a sale. Might seem trivial but with 1000’s of buyers clicking and purchasing daily it adds up.

36 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Won a competition
+7 more
vamtam says
Search for “church” sort by “sales” and here is what you have: http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=sales&term=church&page=1

Only 8 of the themes have church theme functionality (sermons) . I suppose this is the case for most of the niche categories. If sorting by sales is often used, then the search obviously doesn’t bring quality results.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Search for “church” sort by “sales” and here is what you have: http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=sales&term=church&page=1 Only 8 of the themes have church theme functionality (sermons) . I suppose this is the case for most of the niche categories. If sorting by sales is often used, then the search obviously doesn’t bring quality results.

It’s not search by sales, it’s search by tags. These are really really important in the search system and all items that appear for church have a “church” tag.

465 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
styleWish says

We don’t need to remove “new items” section. We just need proper “space” handling. IMHO the old version of the home page was far better considering “space usage”.

I totally agree with you! The spacing was a lot better on the old version of the home page.

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
bogdan_09 says

@justinfrench is it too hard to put categories links back and make a test so we can see if our sales get better? Is to too hard to hear from us and take our comments into account?
Sorry if I wasn’t clear in previous replies, but yes, we will (at least for now) chang it back to visible links instead of a drop-down. I don’t know exactly when, but soon!

Hi Justin,

I’m curious if you guys are gonna bring those buttons back or decided to leave it as it is.

Thanks,

Bogdan

509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

I’m curious if you guys are gonna bring those buttons back or decided to leave it as it is.

We’ll still bring them back for sure, it’s just been hard to get to it with a lot of stuff happening around the birthday and a lot of new stuff shipping, sorry for the delay!

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

We’ll still bring them back for sure, it’s just been hard to get to it with a lot of stuff happening around the birthday and a lot of new stuff shipping, sorry for the delay!

Possible in early September?

233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
FXNinja says

That’s a relief to know .. Hope to have it back soon !

228 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
BetaMotion says

Sorry for bothering!!!

Anyone from the dev team or someone else who could give an believable explanation???

A totally disaster, after the new page get online…

Category:Motion Graphics.

The first 16 days in Augoust 12 sales.

Same period in July 30 sales.

Any believable clarifications???

:sunglasses2:

by
by
by
by
by
by