233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FXNinja says

Maybe the “fact” that it is not little is just your own illusion?

It is not an illusion … There is a clear connection between the front page exposure and sales .. I have been experiencing it over an year …. Those category buttons must be back !! ... Justin has already promised it and looking forward to it !!

1630 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

It is not an illusion … There is a clear connection between the front page exposure and sales .. I have been experiencing it over an year …. Those category buttons must be back !! ... Justin has already promised it and looking forward to it !!

+1

1630 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

Hi friends, please let us know if you’re planning to bring those category links buttons back over the “new Items’” section, instead of the dropDown menu. I am sure it would help to the exposure of the new items ; which is vital for new items. Thanks very much.

233 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
FXNinja says

Hi friends, please let us know if you’re planning to bring those category links buttons back over the “new Items’” section, instead of the dropDown menu. I am sure it would help to the exposure of the new items ; which is vital for new items. Thanks very much.

I was also actually wondering … any clue of when they will be back ?

228 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
BetaMotion says

+1

:sunglasses2:

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
bogdan_09 says

I think it will be implemented soon, according to Justin’s statement, made 10 days ago.

justinfrench said
No problem, I think we’ll see those links back early next week, maybe sooner.
509 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

We’ve tossed around a few different designs with tabs, segmented controls, etc, but a huge challenge or constraint was the large number of categories on some sites, which wrap over two lines. So we’ve gone back to something super simple for now, much like it was.

There’s an open pull request on Github with the appropriate number of Emoji endorsements, but Ben is out sick today, so I’d say about a day away :)

3249 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

We’ve tossed around a few different designs with tabs, segmented controls, etc, but a huge challenge or constraint was the large number of categories on some sites, which wrap over two lines. So we’ve gone back to something super simple for now, much like it was. There’s an open pull request on Github with the appropriate number of Emoji endorsements, but Ben is out sick today, so I’d say about a day away :)

Wouldn’t it be smarter to have two different home pages, one for users not logged in and one that can be customized by logged in users so they can view their relevant categories?

7613 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Wouldn’t it be smarter to have two different home pages, one for users not logged in and one that can be customized by logged in users so they can view their relevant categories?

this requires too much coding

just changing the css on a ul list takes months and you want customizable sections on homepage? :|

454 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
boomopera says

How can you say that there is a clear connection between the front page exposures and sales? There is no evidence for that. (talking “new items” only) And the reason you experience sales every time you upload is cause those items show on top of particular sub category which I think buyers go to more often rather than spend some happy go lucky time on the front page skimming through random stuff..

And the Drop down categories vs category buttons dispute? Please give us a break, no one needs it really, cause they are the main categories, not sub categories and really are not an efficient way to find what you need fast. So they hide it..

by
by
by
by
by
by