291 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
+1 more
Andrew_G says

The funny thing to me is the increased “featured items” bar (from 4 to 10), which now exposes the older featured works from previous months/weeks, giving them a chance to sell more once again.
Ok.. Why I didn’t get into that 10 sections bar? :D Make 12 sections. c’mon :)

461 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
boomopera says

yeah….great…people keep on posting your ideas on the new look, you views on how it should be like instead of what it is now. Unfortunately, this new look is already here, and it will not change in the slightest, I promise you that. It was meticulously thought through by Envato staff, and boom, it is here to stay. It will work! Even though it seems like a terrible, terrible idea.

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

The new layout certainly looks cleaner and more tidy, but what it does (as others said it before) is to AGAIN shift focus to popular items. And don’t say “we have a search there, we push people to search”. As it is, the search is still very rudimentary and still leads people to always go back to popular items.

People have been complaining a lot about it and apparently now they have an extra reason to believe Envato is only pushing the golden goose in-front.

Design wise, it looks good. I’ll give it that in a heartbeat. It’s the sections’ priorities that are troubling and new items should be of massive importance for a dynamic and ever growing marketplace. Right now there’s just so much focus on “featured”: Envato’s featured items, followed author’s featured items, buyers’ featured items (popular files)... everything is about getting featured in some way. It’s starting to look like a marketing scheme: “Look, we have 15.000+ items, but we’re actually only willing to sell you these 5-6 items, the others… whatever, buy at your own risk.”

136 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
MHF says

elite authors (featured files) keep on climbing, go up to the headlines, we are sending you to the space! a lot of rewards for you!
new authors (new items) ... errmm … well, you can scroll down and see yourself there!

sadly that’s the impression i got from these two simultaneous changes today! :(

508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
egemenerd says

Why featured items are not at the bottom of the page like featured author? I’m using a laptop screen and when I open the site, first I can see only a huge search box and featured items. Homepage is very important for new items and I think it is unfair to put full width featured items box to the top of the page in this design…

1587 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Hehe, just wanted to bash that popular link button :) but in the end i doubt its going to change anything, the ui design is much clear as UX goes for us authors its the same if I dare to say worst since that popular button is attention grabber specially with the search being useless as it is.

2389 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

elite authors (featured files) keep on climbing, go up to the headlines, we are sending you to the space! a lot of rewards for you!
  • only three of the nine shown featured files are from elite authors.
  • three files are from new authors having sold less than 10k.
  • the newest featured file is from a new author who has sold less than 1000.

Really, featured items might be a lottery, but it is certainly not like only elite authors get featured.

I sometimes get the feeling new authors try to find all the excuses they can, while you should really work on your items. It is not the easy dollar as it might seemed at first glance, but that’s okay.

461 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
boomopera says

Why featured items are not at the bottom of the page like featured author? I’m using a laptop screen and when I open the site, first I can see only a huge search box and featured items. Homepage is very important for new items and I think it is unfair to put full width featured items box to the top of the page in this design…

I think its a great idea to put featured items (the items, most buyers would be interested in) at the bottom of the scrolling page.

Why?

Example of bread in the supermarket. Supermarkets always put bread in the far corner of the store, to make you walk past all the other items, encouraging sales of bunch of those items that are also there but are less desirable than freshly baked loaf of bread.

If you put that bread out in front of the store like it is now, most of the people will not even bother to walk around, or scroll for that matter..

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
TDGR says

I like it.

My only suggestion/concern is that the main content should be a little clearer (background or dividers). Also I would like to see new items over the featured.

It’s always nice to see some progress. Good job.

2 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Epix_Inc says

I like it.

My only suggestion/concern is that the main content should be a little clearer (background or dividers). Also I would like to see new items over the featured.

It’s always nice to see some progress. Good job.

Yep, new items should be way up there on the very front of the page, and featured items at the bottom, with the featured author.

by
by
by
by
by
by