2392 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

anyway I really respect and love elite authors but hey, let the new ones have their only exposure of homepage! :)

You are suggesting elite authors have more exposure. Well, I am an elite author. Where do I have more exposure?

My new items are on the homepage like everybody elses. I might have more followers but I worked to get them.

I don’t have a file in the popular list right now. Maybe my next file will be in it, but then I just managed to get more sales with the same (new item) exposure like you or everybody else. So I don’t see how we have more chances than you.

If you are getting featured that can really boost your sales, but as I pointed out, totally new authors get featured, too. It might be just luck, but it’s the same for everyone.

I started to work here September 2012, and after 6 months I managed to get a steady income that I could preserve till now. Of course, back then I was no Elite author, but still managed to end up being 3rd of the top selling videohive authors, with no elite badge.

I continuosly added to my portfolio and became Elite author a few months ago.

When I started, all people around me were complaining about the way things work here, and I was told new authors don’t have a chance to become big. “Back in 2009, it was easy”, they said. But still, it wasn’t so hard, and now I’m an Elite author, and maybe back in 2012/2013 when I started to climb up the ladder it was a tad easier than now in 2014 but I can only say: I get nothing for free.

302 posts mekshq.com
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
meks says

You know how they say

It is not good redesign if ( nobody hates it/everybody loves it ) :)

1571 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
dorde says

Nice. I hope that this image (with activeden thumbnails)
\\ will be finally removed from VH home page.

4386 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

• that search bar button is bigger than an item thumbnail and the search bar section is too big
  • Put “new items section” under the big search area
  • then “new items from people I follow” section
  • then “featured by staff”

Now is a very static page. Those featured items will have a new item added once a week

That means we will see pretty much the same items for more than 2 months!

Not an improvement, very poor concept. You can do better people. You have a great job at a great company, what about investing a bit more research in designing the front page the biggest most important thing that this website have?

I’m harsh but I’m not an envato employ, I don’t have to be careful with stepping on some boss ideas. We need some truth here.

How is new items less important than featured items? The new item section show a big strong point of envato marketplaces.

Fresh new items and ideas baked every day!

This is a strong selling point for envato yet someone thought, and then the the rest of the team approved, that is better to place at the top a bar with items that don’t change for months?

This is not good design and usability.

Also, that grid of items is ugly, it was ugly before and now is worse

Please develop a system where exposure is a factor of item complexity and price.

Item is 3$? get him a thumbnail of 80×80px and a couple of hours of exposure. Item is 60$? Get him a bigger thumbnail and at maximum homepage coverage as possible, days even a week.

Now new items are just at the bottom of the page with a cluster of low priced items plus a search page results that is not developed yet and gives very approximate results and with no powerful filtering.

I’m working a week, a month, six months for an item and I’m rewarded by less exposure as possible? Is not fair and also is not logical for my interests and for envato interests.

DT I owe you a beer! :D

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
711 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

• that search bar button is bigger than an item thumbnail and the search bar section is too big
  • Put “new items section” under the big search area
  • then “new items from people I follow” section
  • then “featured by staff”

Now is a very static page. Those featured items will have a new item added once a week

That means we will see pretty much the same items for more than 2 months!

Not an improvement, very poor concept. You can do better people. You have a great job at a great company, what about investing a bit more research in designing the front page the biggest most important thing that this website have?

I’m harsh but I’m not an envato employ, I don’t have to be careful with stepping on some boss ideas. We need some truth here.

How is new items less important than featured items? The new item section show a big strong point of envato marketplaces.

Fresh new items and ideas baked every day!

This is a strong selling point for envato yet someone thought, and then the the rest of the team approved, that is better to place at the top a bar with items that don’t change for months?

This is not good design and usability.

Also, that grid of items is ugly, it was ugly before and now is worse

Please develop a system where exposure is a factor of item complexity and price.

Item is 3$? get him a thumbnail of 80×80px and a couple of hours of exposure. Item is 60$? Get him a bigger thumbnail and at maximum homepage coverage as possible, days even a week.

Now new items are just at the bottom of the page with a cluster of low priced items plus a search page results that is not developed yet and gives very approximate results and with no powerful filtering.

I’m working a week, a month, six months for an item and I’m rewarded by less exposure as possible? Is not fair and also is not logical for my interests and for envato interests.

DT I owe you a beer! :D

+ 1

3602 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

It’s too white.. I loose myself in it when i first look, not very intuitive..

1455 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

If the search bar is being featured so heavily, why is the old search system still in place? It’s been noted for years now that the search system is “terrible”.

Unless a search upgrade is following almost immediately, this is going to create some confused buyers, the current search system returns the most bizarre results.

315 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
ChoclateFix says

I hope the new look will affect everybody – old and new! Good luck to everyone!

2329 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Dont like the new design, it’s way to clean…:/

132 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
tdubic says

I like new changes,but I think that envato should focus more on SEO. Some envato marketplaces barely exist on Google for popular keywords.

Here I am talking more about 3D Ocean. It is best to check competition. How they manage to get on first page for keywords that bring them sick amount of visitors from google.

TS have on homepage more then 110 sub categories, on every sub category image is alt tag “category name 3d models” so you can see alt tags like “dog 3d models” or “house 3d models” Also they have h1 and h2 tags. This is just example H tags are even more important, and here we are with just one h tag and one keyword.

I am not SEO expert but I am sure there is one who can confirm that homepage need better SEO optimization.

by
by
by
by
by
by