47 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
abmathasuriya says

Looks like empty home page. Previous home page is more better than this one.

4680 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I think why Envato struggles with these visual refreshes is they’re trying to work around the old layout, the old format – like the 80 px by 80 px thumbs. Time to move on and scrap the old layout and format and come up with something that’s going to be sustainable in the future and have responsive design in mind. Personally I think the thumbs could be a little bigger, and make them 4:3 ratio. The entire navigation could also be rethought out, and changed to something that is user friendly and intuitive.

You have 1000’s of world class designers here, why not just start a competition for a marketplace redesign with some incentives – you could even have the community vote for the best designs.

612 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

You have 1000’s of world class designers here, why not just start a competition for a marketplace redesign with some incentives – you could even have the community vote for the best designs.

Paraphrased: “You have 1000’s of world class designers here, why not convince them to do spec work.”

I’m fine with the 80×80 thumbnail staying, but I’d really like to see the 590×300 preview image updated and used in lists (not the hover box). Browsing by thumbnail is basically a crapshoot because you have to hover every…single…icon — which doesn’t work on tablets. Most of the marketplaces are visual. It’s inane that items only have an 80×80 icon to entice any interest.

Overall, I like the new homepage direction though.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
sociomedia21 says

I’m sorry but I don’t like the new design.

First things first. What kind of visitor I am? I’m a regular buyer who had bought many items (with different accounts) through the last years. I’m not an author yet.

I don’t like the new design, for me it’s a complete obstacle for what I really want. When I log on a daily basis I want to know mainly two things:

1) Already bought updates. 2) New items and trends.

I will only use a search box when I’m on the decision making process, looking for something specific. It’s a secondary tool that I already knew where it was and that I regulary used when I was about to pay for something, but not on a daily basis.

Now, with the actual redesign my two main objectives had been lowered down, I have to scroll too much, and I’m forced to use something that is an absolutely secondary tool, that I already knew where it was.

Now, when it’s late, instead of staying for a bit of theme and style browsing, maybe I will feel lazy and shut down my computer, go home or browse the news.

For me this design might be ok for a quick bump in sales, but completely counterproductive in the long term. It will slowly lower down my loyalty to themeforest as it slowly leaves my daily task schedule.

In terms of quality and beauty its ok, it has a few things to polish like those select boxes, but its in shape. In terms of usability, it’s a big fail for a customer like me.

I was so frustrated when I saw it, that I run to the forum where as far as I remember I never wrote a single line, in order to express my disagreement and frustration.

24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
soundeleon says

For my taste it is too bright. I would love to see a different background color behind “new” or “just for you”. Love the big search box and free files in one place. :)

225 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

I always cheer for change, but from the first glimpse at the design, it didn’t feel sturdy! it felt like the components of the page are scattered and failed to show strong correlation with other components within the page.

Just my two cents.

And i appreciate your good efforts in this visual refresh :D

225 posts
  • Located in Palestinian Territory
+5 more
YousefShanti says

went through the comments:

Till now: 10 users liked the new redesign.

17 users disliked the new redesign

17 users gave feedback and suggestions

129 posts
+2 more
odiusfly says

Something’s Missing.. :/

.. maybe are the bg colors.. need more work, I think.. : -)

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Brazil
Marcc3d says

My main concern about the new design is its negative impact over sales, I think this new design tend to benefit top authors and featured items, maybe beginning authors will get lost on a long term run since they items is not marked as featured. Coincidence or not on first day of new design our sales (me and my partner) are a little bit slow, previous sales with old design was in a good rate 4-6 a day. I think envato staff should consider proper competitor rules so everybody can get their room for sales here.

4680 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

And to sum up the changes:

• A giant search bar right underneath a smaller search bar
  • More focus and double the amount of exposure time to Featured Files
  • More focus and exposure to Free Files
  • A secondary Popular Items button is now visible on home
  • Removal of visible links to new item categories (replaced with barely noticeable drop down)
  • Overall navigation lighter / duller and less noticable
  • Borders and dividers removed – content less distinguishable between sections

Basically none of these things were requested by the community – and none of these really help the average author, unless you’re featured, given a file away for free or you’re on the popular pages.. good work :D

by
by
by
by
by
by