• Australia
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
jordan-lewis
Envato team
says

Hi Folks,

We have now rolled out author half-star ratings and at the same time we have updated the author sidebar to be more consistent with item sidebar.

Here is a before and after screenshot:

updated author sidebar

3804 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • Trendsetter
  • 7 Years of Membership
+12 more
KrownThemes
says
243 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 1
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
rendertom
says

Just noticed this new feature this morning. I am loving it. Keep up a good work.

453 posts Mad Dog
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Power Elite Author
+8 more
mad_dog
says

Good job done, more informative. Thanks

1257 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 4
  • Weekly Top Seller
+3 more
Demorfoza
says

Uhm… And I’m not sure I like it. Now the size of the font doesn’t fit to the rest of page at all. Unfortunately I’m not overjoyed :)

1069 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
+2 more
aron66
says

The old one is much better because peerapong is had 47 items. :/ not just 6 :D

1665 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Winner
  • Featured Author
+10 more
flashedge
says

Hilarious. Nobody of the top authors reaches full 5 stars. You shifted the whole thing. You know that’s going to hurt sales for everybody, don’t you?

243 posts
  • Featured Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
SurStudio
says

Hilarious. Nobody of the top authors reaches full 5 stars. You shifted the whole thing. You know that’s going to hurt sales for everybody, don’t you?

The current model is: first do, later think about the consequences. Didn’t you notice that? :zipped:

Then you’ll probably get the speech about “some authors are happy, others aren’t”...

1142 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 11
+9 more
purethemes
says

I really don’t get what’s your problem with the ratings, it’s seems some authors care about it more than most of buyers, I’ve seen 3 stars rated themes selling better than 5 stars before, and I see no drop in sales now after that change. It’s definitely harder now to keep 5 stars, but who cares, the ratings are at last transparent, that’s what’s important.

3804 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • Trendsetter
  • 7 Years of Membership
+12 more
KrownThemes
says

I really don’t get what’s your problem with the ratings, it’s seems some authors care about it more than most of buyers, I’ve seen 3 stars rated themes selling better than 5 stars before, and I see no drop in sales now after that change. It’s definitely harder now to keep 5 stars, but who cares, the ratings are at last transparent, that’s what’s important.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by