765 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
EladChai says

Guess what?

More sales (and earnings?) are gone from my account. That’s just awesome.

And I’m talking about 14 months ago (march 2012), amount is increasing, now it’s around 16$ that are missing.

What the hell is going on?? :x

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

Ok then buy something with paypal, and ask for my money back and get free file. The person who buys a file if have problems, must contact GraphicRiver support or the author and try to fix the problem. Just my opinion.

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
omarabid says

Ok then buy something with paypal, and ask for my money back and get free file. The person who buys a file if have problems, must contact GraphicRiver support or the author and try to fix the problem. Just my opinion.

IMO, it’s part of the business. Many other sellers provide money back guarantee things. 1%? No, I think it’ll be 3-5% at least. But we have to live with it ;)

279 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
candeed says

.. now that we are capturing more reversals in our system, more authors are going to see these pop up very occasionally on their statement.

If you have made a sale and it is then reversed, a line will appear on your statement to notify you. The transaction type is “Sale reversal”.

photo AuthorsStatement_zps5cc14c28.png

To be honest, this sounds scary.. :stress: and maybe a little bit annoying because authors don’t have the name and information about the buyers who’ve made disputes against authors’ products.

BTW, maybe ‘sale type filter’ need to be added to statement table (show reversed sales only..). It will be helpful in case authors need to get their reversed sales report.

Just an idea / opinion.. :grin:

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
StereoForest says

Paypal does not protect sellers of digital goods due to them not selling ’’physical’’ products as if no loss happens.

There’s an internet piracy joke somewhere in there.

279 posts
candeed says

... When Paypal is so vastly used for digital content, they need to offer us digital sellers some seller protection! ...

... Paypal does not protect sellers of digital goods due to them not selling ’’physical’’ products …

What about places like iTunes or Amazon? Can buyers buy something with Paypal then make a dispute / reverse claim?

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

... When Paypal is so vastly used for digital content, they need to offer us digital sellers some seller protection! ...

... Paypal does not protect sellers of digital goods due to them not selling ’’physical’’ products …
What about places like iTunes or Amazon? Can we buy something with Paypal than dispute / reverse?

Both iTunes and Amazon dont accept PayPal.

279 posts
candeed says

Both iTunes and Amazon dont accept PayPal.

Oh, I see :( *sigh

3715 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Paypal is a horrible payment medium, and this is exactly the reason why. They have a real ‘hands-off’ attitude – a problem is passed right onto the receiver. It seems unjust for authors to bear the load of these chargebacks, but it would be quite odd if Envato would (continue to) pay out authors for sales that did not fully complete as well. It would open the gates for various attacks – I’m amazed none of this has been seriously abused in the past.

The bottom line is clear: the Paypal model is not viable, and, as Aaran mentioned, places like iTunes and Amazon have long since acknowledged this.

Now if only there were some way to pay digitally, without reversals or transfer fees..

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

if the item had been downloaded there should be no refund/reverse whatever.

can staff confirm that if the file had been downloaded this reverse purchase will not be applied?

by
by
by
by
by
by