50% pay back. problem solved.

3262 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

if the item had been downloaded there should be no refund/reverse whatever. can staff confirm that if the file had been downloaded this reverse purchase will not be applied?

It wouldn’t matter Envato has 0 control of reversals its all done via Paypal’s side. Envato doesnt see any of the money to actually pay out to an authors. They also cant stop reversals from happening on PayPal as they have no protection for people who sell digital goods

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

@enabled at the moment ratings are fixed, that means that if you purchased the file you can rate the file. This makes sense if a person lodges a dispute because of issues with the item. However, I can also see the issues caused by low ratings for authors. Ratings have been fixed since they were first implemented and I have passed on your thoughts to Justin, who is currently reviewing and working on the rating system, as you can see in this thread. Feel free to give feedback on the ratings system there. :)

@doru, when a person puts in a dispute with PayPal, their Marketplace account automatically locks, to ensure no further action is taken until the dispute is processed. If a user is granted a reversal the item is removed from their downloads list. Each reversal dispute is dealt with individually by our support staff, who judge each one on a case by case senario.

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

Now if only there were some way to pay digitally, without reversals or transfer fees..

BitCoins :)

Now, I dont seen an issue with Paypal, granted I dont sell anything so I have not been the victim of refunds and charges for them, but how I see it is, iTunes and Amazon dont go with PayPal because they do that much business that they can invest in there own connections with banks so they dont have to pay massive fees, thats all really PayPal is, a bank (somethings telling me they are a registered bank of some sort).

287 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+9 more
DPereyra says

I think that this thread should only be seen by authors… We are giving ideas to some buyers

Thanks for the update, btw.

492 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
DoubleX says

Purchase tag and ratings MUST be removed if a buyer does this! We don’t get the money, and we get a 1 star rating? Thats just bad! The rating should also be removed in case of a reversal!

If this won’t happen there is still one partial solution for this and it was just mentioned in the thread about new ratings. When buyer rates file 1 or 2 (in my opinion also 3) stars he must write a comment explaining why he rated the file so low.

1259 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Thanks for update! :)

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I just got a full refund just yesterday for a theme that turned out to be more trouble that it’s worth. I even had the opportunity for a refund from my first ticket but the support staff who answered my ticket was able to solve the technical issue (I had to manually change some code). The theme genuinely didn’t work as advertised but I passed on the offer for a refund and chose to try to work with the theme for my client.

I’ve encountered more bugginess now that my client cannot live with and so requested my refund and now have to buy a new theme and re-do my client’s site. I absolutely want my one star rating to remain there and so help me I want to post a comment warning others about the theme.

Envato won’t give out a refund on a buyer’s whim because he suddenly doesn’t want the theme, so some of the arguments here have no merit.

8279 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

Purchase tag and ratings MUST be removed if a buyer does this! We don’t get the money, and we get a 1 star rating? Thats just bad! The rating should also be removed in case of a reversal!

+1 totally agree with this

3451 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I just got a full refund just yesterday for a theme that turned out to be more trouble that it’s worth. I even had the opportunity for a refund from my first ticket but the support staff who answered my ticket was able to solve the technical issue (I had to manually change some code). The theme genuinely didn’t work as advertised but I passed on the offer for a refund and chose to try to work with the theme for my client.

I’ve encountered more bugginess now that my client cannot live with and so requested my refund and now have to buy a new theme and re-do my client’s site. I absolutely want my one star rating to remain there and so help me I want to post a comment warning others about the theme.

Envato won’t give out a refund on a buyer’s whim because he suddenly doesn’t want the theme, so some of the arguments here have no merit.

To clarify, we’re talking about about PayPal Reversals here, not Envato Refunds – this means that the customer has bypassed Envato and gotten a refund through PayPal, like a chargeback on a credit card. In situations like this, it’s likely that the customer did not pursue any recourse with either the author or Envato support, or they did and their reasons for requesting a refund were unfounded (as determined by Envato). In either case, it makes sense that their ratings should not be applied; reversal of the transaction in this manner should negate any interactions with the site that were based upon it.

In other words, we’re not talking about a customer who has requested and received a refund through Envato, we’re talking about someone who has ignored the proper channels for resolving their issue. Envato has no control over this matter.

by
by
by
by
by
by