• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
kdubdent Staff says

Yey, just got my first reversal. Thanks Envato. :|

Hi EladChai,

I’m not sure that what you’re seeing is related to the “sales reversal”. I’ll get someone from support to contact you for more info and help out.

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Colombia
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
CarlosViloria says

Thank you Envato by discounting 5.12 on my account :smitten: BUT I would like to know what happened.

410 posts Powered by Two Little Angels
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
kinzi21 says

@Carlos, It also happened to me yesterday. Interestingly, my item that got this sale reversal is also from Photo Album category.

45 posts Customer Experience Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
kdubdent Staff says

@Carlos, It also happened to me yesterday. Interestingly, my item that got this sale reversal is also from Photo Album category.

Hi kinzi21, one of the support guys is going to contact you and follow up on this for you just to make sure you’ve got all the info you need.

45 posts Customer Experience Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
kdubdent Staff says

Thank you Envato by discounting 5.12 on my account :smitten: BUT I would like to know what happened.

Hi there CarlosViloria,

we will be in contact with you soon!

66 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
Diabolique says

The problem is not with PayPal, because there is no chance for refund in the Paypal system if you bought a digital product. Refunds are possible for physical products only. The problem is with Visa & MasterCard chargebacks (friendly fraud) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fraud

Anyway as I know there is a seller protection if you use 3D secure: http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/verified_by_visa.aspx http://www.web-merchant.co.uk/3dsecure.asp
491 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Slovakia
+1 more
DoubleX says

Last night I had a nightmare about having a lot of sale reversals, thanks Envato. :notfunny:

275 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
candeed says

Last night I had a nightmare about having a lot of sale reversals, thanks Envato. :notfunny:

Hahahaa … :D So the naughty dashboard sneaked into your dream.. LOL

....Anyway as I know there is a seller protection if you use 3D secure: http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/verified_by_visa.aspx http://www.web-merchant.co.uk/3dsecure.asp

Nice information, Diabolique.. but I still don’t get it… How can 3D secure protects merchants from disputes ? I think they only help prevent by reducing possibilities.. not protect. Or have I missed some lines?

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

The problem is not with PayPal, because there is no chance for refund in the Paypal system if you bought a digital product. Refunds are possible for physical products only.

You can still open a ‘dispute’ via Paypal, which temporarily deducts the money from the seller’s account (i.e Envato’s account) until the dispute is solved. This money is deducted immediately and outside of Envato’s control, although Support do have the means to settle a dispute and reclame the money.

A chargeback is taken out of Paypal’s account and then Paypal take the money out of the seller’s account. Envato / the Seller / Paypal have no real control over the outcome of this and Paypal will not cover you if you sell intangible goods.

I recently had several chargebacks during a promotion. Not only did Paypal take the money (after I showed the users had downloaded the files), but the credit card company charge me a fee to ‘investigate’ the transaction, so it ended up costing me a hundred dollars or so too for the investigations. Paypal deducted the money from my account automatically for the investigation charge.

The transactions all took place and were all ‘charged back’ in the same time periods, so I suspect the person / people behind them knew that it was a dead cert way to get content free.

However, consider yourselves lucky that Envato will cover the investigative costs if need be, rather the Authors.

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

by