• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+3 more
RafaelOliveira says

Thanks for the update!

23 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ZxxxZ says

> Unauthorised activity occurs on a credit card (...) PayPal or Moneybookers account

So correct me if I’m wrong:

Someone is using stolen credit card information or hijacked PayPal account (obtained via viruses, trojans, hacked websites or other means…) to buy themes. And until the real owner of the card (or payment processor) notices there is no way to do anything about it (because nothing suspicious) and then it is too late.

It reminds me of the gold days of shareware… piracy.

EDIT: Well, there is also possibility that automatic fraud prevention system marked the transaction as suspicious (not history of buying digital goods on the internet…) or something like that… Have someone investigated it?

626 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
femo says

Thanks for the clarification…. 8-)

28 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
Kipet says

Thanks for the update, and I’m glad that those accounts are auto disabled… I’m not happy with this situation, but that’s at least something.

2089 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

And correctly did so! Because it was part of the things that are the reason you are getting the percentage from authors sales. No one said is easy to build, run, improve a marketplace, this cost money, so authors gives you a percentage of their sales to cover for this expenses and to get a profit out of this.

I have very mixed feelings about these Sale Reversals. But what doru says seems somewhat right,when I think about it…

206 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

Everything is ok… but PLEASE in the Sale reversal info icon, display the Item Purchase Code.

138 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Sealord says

My part is to create products, your (envato) part is to deal with the buyers. Payment reversal, frauds, customers support, whatever is your job This is part of the deal and you get money for doing your part of the job.
+1

Let’s see how much sale reversals I get on Monday again for all my sales on this Friday …like last weekend.
154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
SkillLine says

Thank you indeed it’s very good info!

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

As I have mentioned previously, Envato had been covering the cost of the majority of these reversals.
And correctly did so! Because it was part of the things that are the reason you are getting the percentage from authors sales. No one said is easy to build, run, improve a marketplace, this cost money, so authors gives you a percentage of their sales to cover for this expenses and to get a profit out of this.

Sale reversals are not equivalent to losing potential client or profit (in such case, we would see lot of complaints from buyers on forum). Since those are investigated and decided by transaction mediums, Envato can’t interfere there. In such case, as the marketplace grows, the cost of covering this could raise like mountain – so it is understandable to reverse through individual item’s earning.

6 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Canada
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Convergine says

Everything is ok… but PLEASE in the Sale reversal info icon, display the Item Purchase Code.

100% agree with you! Item purchase code in sale reversal info is a must… We provide support only through our support forum which authenticates users by item purchase code… once authenticated – users gets access. So without item purchase code information in sale reversal info – fraudulent users get support for stolen items…

EDIT:

My part is to create products, your (envato) part is to deal with the buyers. Payment reversal, frauds, customers support, whatever is your job This is part of the deal and you get money for doing your part of the job.
+1 doru …

If authors liability changed now – we should see reflection in commissions.

What is really appalling is that Envato did not make sure that all authors get notified about this significant and important change… most likely exactly because of the sellers reaction… We stumbled upon this post because noticed yet another sale reversal in statement, and wondered if anyone else is facing same issue.. It’s shocking that such changes are not corresponded through an email or dashboard notice to authors. Not all authors have time to visit forums daily – after SEARCHING a bit more – we found another thread – http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/update-dealing-with-reversed-purchases-/96939?page=1 dated 3 months ago where kdubdent says

We have a change we’d like to make sure everyone is aware of.
– well, unfortunately you guys didn’t make sure everyone is aware of it :(
by
by
by
by
by
by