374 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
MarcoSecchi Envato team says

^ The unfortunate things already happened in April 2010 and November 2011. Full time Flash jobs (focused on web browser) are in risk if not already expired. Better be prepared with different skill sets.

damn it.
all my skill is as3,flex,air.what am i doing?now i can understand why fw be so angry about adobe.

Start developing for mobile (or eventually for desktop), with your existing skills. In the meantime, start learning something new (as FWDesign said), be it HTML5 , Objective-C, Java or anything else

marco

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^ The unfortunate things already happened in April 2010 and November 2011. Full time Flash jobs (focused on web browser) are in risk if not already expired. Better be prepared with different skill sets.

damn it.
all my skill is as3,flex,air.what am i doing?now i can understand why fw be so angry about adobe.
From what i see with flash today the key to keep floating around is if you have accounts with website like dynamic animation banners cos` many websites keep using flash as there is really no other simple alternative, sadly but that is what i do mostly this days but its a high volume money range for me.

Like Marco say learn and do some other things don’t focused just on flash, if you ask me enter into the mobile world this will be the biggest market soon, just be careful focusing on just 1 platform like Objective-C (IOS ) as you need to remember any close gene platform you becoming there slave as a developer, learn from the past not making the same mistake.

Try finding tools that can work all around like java, titanium for mobile base on java and so on.

Regarding html5 if you ask me unless it’s a template there is really no money there and the market is swamp with html`rs and the canvas base on html5 has a long way to go

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Adobe is too stupid to do anything right since they acquired Flash. HTML5 is for noobs and JS sucks big time. Every Flasher can handle that with no effort. Go for it and you’ll realize we made a huge step backwards.

How easy is it now to be a web developer? CTRL +U, CTRL +C, CTRL +P and you have magically all you need to build anything with no effort. Bloated loading times, insecure code and slower processing is the future! Yay! :)

66 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
yuanhao_viva says

actually,js for me,the most diffcult is the compatibility.
so many browser:(

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

After some attempts blasting my working with Air to find a new working business way ,i decide to abandon the flash/Air/flex platform on all its form shapes or style completely from 5 month ago

oh, I didn’t realise you did Flash… ;)

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

After some attempts blasting my working with Air to find a new working business way ,i decide to abandon the flash/Air/flex platform on all its form shapes or style completely from 5 month ago
oh, I didn’t realise you did Flash… ;)

i still do, dont worry ,and will do flash way way after you will move on from unity :P

205 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

I can see that a lot of you say that js is crap, I used to think that too but if you really study the language, you can use it just like actionscript 3.0, I was able to write a DisplayObject and DisplayList in js with all that good stuff, addChild, removChild, cutom events etc and it works great, sure it is working only on the latest browsers but this is the future wanted or not. Now chrome, ff and safari are all supporting GPU manipulation for our html content the performance is 1000 time better then in flash, of course you need to know how to do this!

To be honest my code looks like as 3.0 sometimes I forget that I code js, I use eclipse as a code editor and yes you can write js exactly like in flex, if you write your classes well code hints with all methods and properties are accessible, yes I said classes in js :)

Stop complaining and start learning!

A tip for those who really want to understand javascript, read the articles at the below link, if you understand everything there then you know js!

http://dmitrysoshnikov.com/ecmascript/javascript-the-core/
4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^No one really say it crap, we just take it extreme say as flashers.

In 2006 no one really want to learn JavaScript cos it was really poor in performance, since then improvement came in the browser engine not on the true syntax of java script and the help of class script like jQuery and Mototools. What you are doing today with galleries and dynamic motion is mimic flash. . I think any good flasher can pick up java script in no time, the canvas is even more friendly to us as flash developers.

Any flasher that doing the migration facing two problems. . one the compatibility drove them nuts, you cannot come to the perfection as working with flash on this matter + the IE that half the world use . . 2.making money from Java Script or HTML is 10 time harder .

You talk like JaveScript or the canvas will save there world, fact is you are a long way from this place right now any 12 years old can make a website use the free tools you have with JaveScript and make something, on today with all the free stuff you have over the web you become more and more less relevant…… look at CC market TF market 80% of the stuff i see there are base on free source, they just do the integration with all the script, very few do true JaveScript coding ,also you should ask your-self why the canvas doing so poorly in sales ,we have it for almost 2 years now and i don’t see it change, and as soon as someone will make MIT canvas gallery you hard work will be burn in a second in a matter of sales.

Over here if anyone want do the shifting ill say ill say go with WP …looking for long term ill say focused on mobile

205 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

Everything is changing, I am going on the html5 path, I will never be a slave of some other platform, those who are all in for IOS mobile maybe in a few years will be dead :) to use html5 I don’t need licenses I am free sure the money are not that great but in time we can fix this too, this is what I think and I truly believe in it, time will tell if I am right or wrong.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I will never be a slave of some other platform
I agree on that 100%
by
by
by