529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

We’ve made a small update to the use of the Envato assets library that everyone should be aware of. We have had reports where a buyer has purchased a template containing a screenshot of the Envato website. He has then used the screenshot in his own design portfolio, therefore implying that he designed the Envato website. In response to this situation, we’ve had to tweak our guidelines for using items from the Envato asset library.

When using the Envato asset library, authors will continue to be free to use screenshots of Envato websites in their previews to demonstrate screenshot use in their product. However, in the purchased file, please do not include Envato screenshots. Instead, authors are requested to use a placeholder shape or box.

We encourage authors to update their files to reflect this, however, we’re not requiring it—no currently existing files will be pulled or disabled due to this change. In regard to new submissions, this change to asset use will come into effect one week from now (Monday, July 20th) and reviewers will begin to handle submissions accordingly.

If you have any questions regarding use of the asset library, please feel free to comment here or send me a SiteMail!

7650 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

The files in the envato assets (photo, audio etc) can be included in the file intended to be downloaded?

I think yes but I am asking to be sure. Thank you.

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

ok thank you very much for the warning ;)

529 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

@doru Yes, all the asset library can still be used in the files intended for purchase. This only applies to screenshots of Envato sites. :)

7650 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says
988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

are authors allowed to use the watermarked “590 pixels item preview” and the “80 pixels thumbnail preview” images on other websites out of envato to promote their items?

1620 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

From what I can understand we as authors are NOT allowed to take any screenshots of an envato website and use in our projects portfolio.. Our own pictures we can still use to promote our items and we can still use the pictures and everything in the asset library..

Am I right Amanda?

by
by
by
by
by
by